• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Line Gear Came

Ducman

Oakley Enthusiast
SoCal
I'm going to need some help, for the life of me.ive been trying to put the gasket for the ear stem and it's been a couple of hours and no success , I'm about to give up!!! Tips as my patience is running out lol
image.jpg

Are you talking about the earsocks, having trouble sliding them on/off? Use some hand sanitizer as lube - there's a few threads here on the subject...

Nope, I'm talking about the washers that go with screw for the temple,ear socks are walk in the park compared to this buggers!!! Can you tell I'm a bit frustrated ? Hahaha!

Ah, you mean the washers for the hinges? There are some threads on that, too - I think one's a sticky.

Basically there are a few variations of techniques, but some common ideas are to use a dab of spit or something to help keep them in place, and to use a toothpick or needle to help line everything up before you put in the screw. Personally, I got it done with the toothpick. But, however you do it, it's always a real pain...

Yup, spit on them that's the forum approved method.

Finally got them in. lets just say that no ear stem are coming off again anytime soon or ever again !!!
@Ralph Marshall I don't really drink 'em, I work for RB and have steady supply for F&F
@CarGuy the spit method is what worked for me. forum approved method also GF approved method :shock:

Latest Posts

Back