1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. cajun22

cajun22 Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,
    New to the forum and will just like to share a mini review of the linegear aftermarket lens. The color I chose was the red mirror. The Juliet I have actually came with the ruby lens but it wasn't really the red that I thought it will be so I ended up trying the linegear lens to see how it looks. The ruby look a lot like fire iridium.

The shipping was fast, Japan to Singapore in 3 days. The immediate difference I could tell was the thickness. The linegear were thinner but it didn't affect the mounting on the Juliets. Clarity was good but most importantly the color was really impressive.The only thing is that from certain angles the wearer's eye can be seen. that Below are some shots

The packaging it came in was quite well protected.( triple pack)
    Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0001.jpg

Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0011.jpg

Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0010.jpg

Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0009.jpg

Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0008.jpg

for reference , below is the Juliet with the ruby lens from Oakley, it looks yellowish
    Linegear Aftermarket Lens - _DSC0004-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy the mini review.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

you want to sell the original rubys? pm me if you do. also, how do you feel the price of the linegear lens was, and value for money?
  3. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Linegear lenses are very nice! a bit expensive but i think it is worth it. i have a green jade on one of my juliets..very close to G26:smile:
  4. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I really like the look of those. Thanks for sharing.
  5. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

Looks good to me, but personally I might be going with custom cut +Red down the line.
  6. cajun22

cajun22 Oakley Beginner

Hi guys sorry for the late repy
    Brip- Sorry I wont be selling the ruby as I may swap out if I ever get bored with this color. The price of the linegear lens was about $80+ US inc shipping
    I feel it's worth it as the color came out great and the quality is good.
    subysti- I intend to get ht ice lens next :)
    jiveseven- Thank you and you're welcome
    NMone- I did think of that too but I don't think there anyone in Singapore that does custom cut. The other thing is stock lenses in Singapore is expensive.
  7. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

I typically am an OEM type of guy, but those look good.
  8. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I do custom cuts and ship anywhere in the world....Just as info...