• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear/Exovista/VL - Which Lens Is Clearest?

Maul

Oakley Beginner
Singapore
Hey guys, i need advice and clarification. As i need to buy lens to replace my beatup oakley lens, i need your advice on which is the best lens i should buy.

As i know Oakley develop lens with XYZ optics in mind ensuring area of focus across the lens curvature, distortion is brought down to the minimal. Does these 3 company adopt the same approach or they just go for the beautiful tint the customer wants.

As i need replacement and use on a daily basis, i need confirmation which of the 3 brands i shld buy from and will not give me giddiness after that. Thks in advance for your valuable experience to share with all.

From my limited experience, Linegear is better than VL. Of course nothing will beat OEM, and I'd recommend staying with OEM if you have a choice. Try searching the boards, there's a few aftermarket lens reviews out there.

What model lens do you require to replace?If its Juliet you should be able to get an Oakley lens fairly easily.You can get a lens for practically any other frame cut from an OEM. lens by several members here. There are often questions on the board about this or that after market lens,obviously the decision is up to the individual but it may pay to ask yourself what constitutes a pair of Oakley sunglasses to you,for me it is an Oakley frame with Oakley rubber ,with Oakley lenses ,I can honestly say I can see the merit in good quality 3rd party rubber, but lenses??. You put 3rd party lenses in an Oakley frame you no longer have a pair of Oakley sunglasses, you have a lovely titanium frame crafted by Oakley surrounding two pieces of plastic of dubious optical quality ,may as well buy a $25 dollar pair from the servo(gas station).
One mans opinion only !

So far from what i have researched, Linegear is currently the front runner as the next best option to replace OEM. Since Xmetal XX discontinued their lens production for this replacement, i have but no choice to go for the next best option lens avail.

I suppose to duplicate Cyclop's "Redness", i hv to go for Linegear Mirror Red, am i correct?

So far from what i have researched, Linegear is currently the front runner as the next best option to replace OEM. Since Xmetal XX discontinued their lens production for this replacement, i have but no choice to go for the next best option lens avail.

I suppose to duplicate Cyclop's "Redness", i hv to go for Linegear Mirror Red, am i correct?

Oakley still sells Black iridium and 24k iridium for the XX X Metal if you're ok with those colors

Oakley still sells Black iridium and 24k iridium for the XX X Metal if you're ok with those colors

Was luving XX so much tat i have already bought spare lens. Anyway, my local Oakley sale office said they don't bring in any XX replacement lens anymore. Tinking of Red...tinking of Sithhood....!

Latest Posts

Back