• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LineGear FYI

I've had delivery from linegear in as little as 5 business days. I just ordered their blue violet kit for my R1, I will post when I got them set up in the next week or so.

So it is the opinion of most here that LineGear lenses are as close as you're going to get to an OEM Oakley lens?

my wifey bought me a pair of Revant lenses once (she didn't know any better), and they were crap. Thinner than an OEM lens, the coating on them wasn't even, and there was a good deal of distortion when looking through them. eventually the coating on them started to wear off. This really turned me off to aftermarket lenses, but I need lenses for a couple of pairs of XX so this might be an option vs. having some custom cut.

So it is the opinion of most here that LineGear lenses are as close as you're going to get to an OEM Oakley lens?

my wifey bought me a pair of Revant lenses once (she didn't know any better), and they were crap. Thinner than an OEM lens, the coating on them wasn't even, and there was a good deal of distortion when looking through them. eventually the coating on them started to wear off. This really turned me off to aftermarket lenses, but I need lenses for a couple of pairs of XX so this might be an option vs. having some custom cut.

I'm relatively new to the world of x-metal but the way I see it is: if a particular color is still readily available from Oakley and the cut is compatible to be a donor lens, I would go with custom cut oem. The price of Linegear replacement lenses are only a few dollars less than oem and it isn't much of an incentive to switch.

Yes, the general opinion is that LineGear are the best (and most expensive) of the aftermarket brands. However, none of the aftermarkets, LineGear included, have optics as good as OEM. If you search this forum enough you'll find some posts by @InfiniteHero that explain why. It was enough to convince me to dish out a few extra bucks for custom cuts and limit LineGear to colored rubbers.

There are NO aftermarket lenses available for Oakley that have the correct Optics that I am aware of. Oakley lenses are Base in Prism lenses (which correct for ..... your eyesight looking at objects through the lens) (best way to describe). NONE of the Linegear lens have actual prism lenses. I know it says it on the website, but I have done tests and examples in threads on this forum that show the comparison. Not even remotely close. Walleva the same.

The coatings on other lenses look cool, but that is part of the issue also. It appears the color particles in the coloring are too large and distort the viewing when looking through a enhancer. The Line gear lenses should ONLY be used for display purposes only. Look up threads under aftermarket lenses. JJ even puts in a thought or two. Value is lost on your glasses with aftermarkets, while factory cuts are acceptable to maintain value.

s73w.jpg
rwrf.jpg

Latest Posts

Back