• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Gold Mirror is not as Advertised

Slow_Buffalo

Oakley Enthusiast
Update 7/24/15: Hey everyone, I wanted to update this thread to provide some clarification and clear Lingear's name to a degree. Basically, there was a misunderstanding where I thought I would be receiving replacement lenses similar to an Oakley 24k by ordering the Linegear Gold Mirror, and it ended up looking more like an Oakley Gold Iridium. It was kind of hard to tell on the website because, frankly, not all of the photos represented the product in the same way. There was certainly no ill intention on Linegear's part, although it appears from the thread I'm not the only one to be confused by this particular Linegear lens. The "confusing" photos are still there despite what I feel was a valid complaint, so take that for what you will.

I was able to return the lenses and received a full refund, plus return shipping once they arrived in Japan. The guys at Linegear were a pleasure to deal with and I could tell they wanted to get things taken care of quickly despite a slight language barrier and the fact that I created this thread on the forum. I didn't have any ill intention when I created the thread, but I'm new to the Oakley world and was quite honestly confused at what I had received. I didn't know about 24k, Gold Iridium and the differences in Iridium finishes at the time. I just wanted some loud gold bling in my Mars. I know a lot more now.

I wouldn't hesistate to order from Linegear if I needed anything from them again, and all the best towards them in the future. But they should seriously redo their photos!

Original post:

Hey guys, I purchased some Gold Mirror Linegear lenses for my Mars off their website and just received them today. I'm incredibly disappointed with them... to my eye they are barely distinguishable from the Oakley Black iridium lenses I already had installed on my Mars. In these photos one lens is Oakley Black Iridium and one is Linegear Gold Mirror.

vugd0QK.jpg

JLibKPc.jpg

Xn1NE2L.jpg

IkeLDls.jpg

Inside or outside, it doesn't really matter, the lenses can hardly be distinguished as gold and certainly don't appear to be mirrored. The comparison to the images on Linegear's own site are the most damning.
DOXM9UY.jpg

c1ro3wY.jpg

O6SAXmf.jpg

Obviously I'll be contacting Linegear for an exchange or refund. I wouldn't mind trying one of their other lenses, but if this is what I can expect I don't know how I could have any confidence in anything I order from their website, and having to ship these things all the way back to Japan certainly adds to my hesitance.

Anyone else from the forum or Linegear want to chime in? I'd love to hear what the issue is here, and if I should just go for a full refund. I'll certainly update as to my experience working with Linegear's refund/exchange department.

Last edited:
Were you just trying to change up the color? The pics from the website look awesome, too bad that's not the case in real life. Hope it is just a mix up on what got sent out.

I cant speak for the OP
But My lens are kinda Brownish
I never bothered to complain, I just lived with them being more like BI than Gold
But they are exactly like the OP color wise

My black iridium lenses aren't trashed or anything, but they are nearly 20 years old and could use replacement. I wanted something a bit flashier to change up the look, but these are way too close to make much of a difference in looks.

I'm mostly disappointed that they aren't what I thought I had ordered. I'd have gone for more of a ruby/red look if I'd have known gold was such a bust.

Ruby on the Mars is an awesome colorway, but can't speak for Linegear's version.

I think as you mentioned you wanted something "flashy" you should have gotten the 24k lenses instead of gold as the later has a "dull" finish. Considering also that the pics in the LG website are done "studio" style. Anyway LG has an excellent customer service. Like what the others said, contact the LG official here or Send an email to daisuke. Goodluck bro...

Back