• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Gold Mirror is not as Advertised

My black iridium lenses aren't trashed or anything, but they are nearly 20 years old and could use replacement. I wanted something a bit flashier to change up the look, but these are way too close to make much of a difference in looks.

I'm mostly disappointed that they aren't what I thought I had ordered. I'd have gone for more of a ruby/red look if I'd have known gold was such a bust.
Are you familiar with Oakley's own gold iridium? It's a brown-based lens with the merest hint of a gold iridium finish, a long way from being strongly mirrored. That seems to be what Linegear were going for too, an equivalent to Oakley's gold. The top two pairs in this shot are Oakley gold iridium:

8xar.jpg

And that's pretty much what their main product shot shows:

70726f647563742f32303132303132375f6134653638632e4a5047003235300000660066.jpg

The "Other photos" section seems to show a 24k lens rather than a gold one and I guess that's where the confusion has come in. This is Oakley's 24k:

gyjf.jpg

I'm sure they can sort you out.

VR28 Gold iridium polarized in Juliets:
Juliet.jpg
Next to a BI
DSC_0288.jpg

It does look more gold under some light conditions, but never as gold as 24K or Linegears studio picture.

Yup, I would agree that I'm after more of a 24k lens than a gold iridium, and linegear's gold mirror seems to be replicating the latter.

Thanks guys, it looks like they just need to update the photos section to eliminate confusion and I need to find a 24k mars lens o_O

Now that is good service.
I would always suggest contacting the dealer first....
No reason to blow them up on a forum until after they have done a disservice...

Simple mixup. All will be well soon

Hello there @OakleyTrader15 , you give a good and fair idea.

Actually, in emails between original poster and Linegear, we agreed to refund full amount included return shipping fee, because we can't find an agreement. Now just to confirm this is our value and commitment to serve customer first.

In kindness, I hope @Slow_Buffalo will kindly delete this thread after you got your refund, we are afraid it is a misleading to a lot of other people.

Back