• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Gold Mirror is not as Advertised

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Our lenses do look different from different angle and under different light condition. And lens do change a bit of color from stock to stock because it is hand finished.

We want to be showing the exact color of the lens, but through a camera we can't tell the exact color, it gives us a hard time to balance it. Sometimes we don't put picture that offer too nice quality, we feel it is not fair. And due to time constraint, we do the best on our web and other online store.

As a commitment to serve the customers, there is a "return & refund" windows, not just for this one lens but to all our items.

Thank you all again for your feedback, concern and support.

Sincerely,
Linegear

I would just like to add that whilst this product may not have met the expectations of the buyer, in general Linegear lenses do generally get good reviews and compliments in the non-OEM arena. There is not much more you can ask for than a refund without quibbles.

I am sure now that this has been highlighted hopefully a better description/photo can be added to the item. I am just thankful that we have such a company that will continue supporting the X-Metal line now that Oakley has stopped and OEM stocks are dwindling fast.

Update 7/24/15: Hey everyone, I wanted to update this thread to provide some clarification and clear Lingear's name to a degree. Basically, there was a misunderstanding where I thought I would be receiving replacement lenses similar to an Oakley 24k by ordering the Linegear Gold Mirror, and it ended up looking more like an Oakley Gold Iridium. It was kind of hard to tell on the website because, frankly, not all of the photos represented the product in the same way. There was certainly no ill intention on Linegear's part, although it appears from the thread I'm not the only one to be confused by this particular Linegear lens. The "confusing" photos are still there despite what I feel was a valid complaint, so take that for what you will.

I was able to return the lenses and received a full refund, plus return shipping once they arrived in Japan. The guys at Linegear were a pleasure to deal with and I could tell they wanted to get things taken care of quickly despite a slight language barrierand the fact that I created this thread on the forum. I didn't have any ill intention when I created the thread, but I'm new to the Oakley world and was quite honestly confused at what I had received. I didn't know about 24k, Gold Iridium and the differences in Iridium finishes at the time. I just wanted some loud gold bling in my Mars. I know a lot more now.

I wouldn't hesistate to order from Linegear if I needed anything from them again, and all the best towards them in the future. But they should seriously redo their photos!

Update 7/24/15: Hey everyone, I wanted to update this thread to provide some clarification and clear Lingear's name to a degree. Basically, there was a misunderstanding where I thought I would be receiving replacement lenses similar to an Oakley 24k by ordering the Linegear Gold Mirror, and it ended up looking more like an Oakley Gold Iridium. It was kind of hard to tell on the website because, frankly, not all of the photos represented the product in the same way. There was certainly no ill intention on Linegear's part, although it appears from the thread I'm not the only one to be confused by this particular Linegear lens. The "confusing" photos are still there despite what I feel was a valid complaint, so take that for what you will.

I was able to return the lenses and received a full refund, plus return shipping once they arrived in Japan. The guys at Linegear were a pleasure to deal with and I could tell they wanted to get things taken care of quickly despite a slight language barrierand the fact that I created this thread on the forum. I didn't have any ill intention when I created the thread, but I'm new to the Oakley world and was quite honestly confused at what I had received. I didn't know about 24k, Gold Iridium and the differences in Iridium finishes at the time. I just wanted some loud gold bling in my Mars. I know a lot more now.

I wouldn't hesistate to order from Linegear if I needed anything from them again, and all the best towards them in the future. But they should seriously redo their photos!
That is nice to hear.

Also very nice that you posted this. Most people won't bother posting a follow up.

Back