• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Lenses Arrived But....

Will Linegear allow you to ship the glasses and lenses back to them for them to fit properly?

As chop said, Romeos are very inconsistent. When I cut my ice lenses the other night, you could tell the two orbitals where very different in shape, even on the same pair

^thats why I prefer to cut the lenses to a specific frame fr the romeo. even the juliets have batch differnces in orbital sizes.

Daisuke gave me instructions on how to fix them to fit, actually the gold ones are now ok but the ice lenses still wouldnt fit! even if i put the two lenses side by side i couldnt see any difference in them. youre both right that for the romeo 1's they should be custom cut!

^thats why I prefer to cut the lenses to a specific frame fr the romeo. even the juliets have batch differnces in orbital sizes.

Yeah, my xmetal Juliets that I just bought wont close completely on the left orbital because of this. Its close, but not perfect.

Just an update on this thread! sent a pm to daisuke on how the lenses dont fit! initially he wanted me to ship the lenses back to him but told him that the shipping charge would be more than the cost of the lenses themselves. later he said to send him pics proving that the lenses dont fit which i did. after which he said he will send a new pair without any charge!! received the replacement lenses yesterday, unfortunately they still wouldnt fit (planning to buy another R1 just for those extra lenses, lol) but Kudos to the excellent service of Linegear!!

Just an update on this thread! sent a pm to daisuke on how the lenses dont fit! initially he wanted me to ship the lenses back to him but told him that the shipping charge would be more than the cost of the lenses themselves. later he said to send him pics proving that the lenses dont fit which i did. after which he said he will send a new pair without any charge!! received the replacement lenses yesterday, unfortunately they still wouldnt fit (planning to buy another R1 just for those extra lenses, lol) but Kudos to the excellent service of Linegear!!

WOW! Great service but still they don't fit. That sucks. :sad:

Wouldn't it be interesting if they fit a different R1 fine?

Wouldn't it be interesting if they fit a different R1 fine?

I believe that the tolerances were slightly off from frame to frame. It's one caveat when dealing with hand finished products. But it could definitely be the LG lenses also...mine didn't fit properly either.

Latest Posts

Back