• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
This review is for Linegear’s Black Juliet Aftermarket Lenses. Full disclosure, Linegear wanted me to try out these lenses, and were brave enough to send a pair all the way from Japan.

Link: JULIET NXT BLACK

First up, I was impressed by the packaging, the lenses were boxed and wrapped as pictured below, and from on inspection had no scratches, marks or imperfections.
IMG_2333.JPG

I spent a good deal of time just looking around these lenses to get the overall feel. Definitely feel light, but I was impressed by the quality.
IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

I popped these into a pair of Juliets and took them for a whirl. I will say they didn’t really have much of a mirror or “iridium” to them, which I usually prefer on lenses. Stepping outside I was really surprised just how dark the lenses were, something I always appreciate. I had no problem looking directly at the Sun with not even the slightest of a squint.
IMG_2350.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

Ended up meeting up with a buddy later that evening who tried them out and fell in love with the lenses. Unfortunately he ended up stealing these for the “evening”, and has conveniently not seen me since J. Also unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity to take and pics of these lenses in my Juliets – but will be sure to take some when he’s lucky enough to see me again!

In the interim, I suggest checking out some of the other reviews on these and the amazing pics from member @cajun22 !

Linegear Aftermarket Lens

As always - Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
Hopefully you get those lenses back soon Boss! I really appreciate the quality and care that Linegear puts into their products. If I can't get OEM (let's be honest, even though sometimes it's possible, it's not always economically feasible) then I opt for Linegear. Their customer service is also top notch and they respond to questions very quickly. Hope you get to spend a little more time with those lenses, haha!

Hopefully you get those lenses back soon Boss! I really appreciate the quality and care that Linegear puts into their products. If I can't get OEM (let's be honest, even though sometimes it's possible, it's not always economically feasible) then I opt for Linegear. Their customer service is also top notch and they respond to questions very quickly. Hope you get to spend a little more time with those lenses, haha!

Gotta agree with you there - couldn't believe how flawless the lenses were when they arrived. Tried to capture it in the closeup pics, but still don't think I did them justice!

How was the fit installing them into the Frame? Did you try different frame?

Less than 12 hours ago, i received my latest linegear order .

Personally, most of my frames are used everyday with their linegear lens installed. Their designated Oakley lenses remain safely stored, for the day when I may need to sell them. I haven't used the latest nxt lenses from linegear yet, but have always appreciated the slightly heavier poly carbonate and the added impact protection, coupled with the indestructibility of any x metal frame.

I have no doubt the fit, finish and customer service will be the usual Linegear standard; excellent!

This review is for Linegear’s Black Juliet Aftermarket Lenses. Full disclosure, Linegear wanted me to try out these lenses, and were brave enough to send a pair all the way from Japan.

Link: JULIET NXT BLACK

First up, I was impressed by the packaging, the lenses were boxed and wrapped as pictured below, and from on inspection had no scratches, marks or imperfections.
View attachment 221514
I spent a good deal of time just looking around these lenses to get the overall feel. Definitely feel light, but I was impressed by the quality.
View attachment 221516
View attachment 221517

I popped these into a pair of Juliets and took them for a whirl. I will say they didn’t really have much of a mirror or “iridium” to them, which I usually prefer on lenses. Stepping outside I was really surprised just how dark the lenses were, something I always appreciate. I had no problem looking directly at the Sun with not even the slightest of a squint.
View attachment 221518
View attachment 221521

Ended up meeting up with a buddy later that evening who tried them out and fell in love with the lenses. Unfortunately he ended up stealing these for the “evening”, and has conveniently not seen me since J. Also unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity to take and pics of these lenses in my Juliets – but will be sure to take some when he’s lucky enough to see me again!

In the interim, I suggest checking out some of the other reviews on these and the amazing pics from member @cajun22 !

Linegear Aftermarket Lens

As always - Feel free to ask any questions!
I'm gonna call your friend "Carl"

I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before you see "Carl" again. ;)

Ok, linegear contacted me and asked me to try out a pair of their NXT lenses. I am not the type of person that uses aftermarket lenses but since they asked me for my opinion, I told I would give them a try. My eyes are sensitive to picking up distortion easily as this is why I stay away from non Oakley lenses. I had the opportunity to use my set they sent for approx three weeks. I will say I was skeptical but after a few days using them I was quite surprised that they were comfortable and pleasant to wear. I made contact with an optometrist who allowed me to test them against an OEM Juliet lens. I was surprised that they were better then expected. I am going to continue using them and see how they hold up. They are a thicker lens and the quality seems to be better over most I have seen. As soon as I have more to report I will post an update.

Thanks for the reviews! They convinced me to give them a try and I just placed my order. I've tried cheaper brands in the past and wasn't that impressed so it was a tossup between Linegear, custom cuts or NOS Oakley lenses.

I took a look at the marketing for the NXT lenses, and it hints that it's a Trivex-based lens. If this is actually true then the lenses should be even better than polycarbonate lenses.

Latest Posts

Back