• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Official Site!

How is linegear quality wise? Impact protection? Etc?

From what I have read they are good quality, not sure they have been subjected to impact testing. If thats a concern for you, I would only trust Oakley as far as impact resistance.

The site says that they are polycarbonate and won't break, but I've had pairs of sunglasses with similar lenses shatter (thankfully not in my face). Watching the biggest employee in the Vault wallop a Juliet lens with a hammer and see it not break was a big selling point to my wife and I.

I guess what I'm getting at is do they make one giant single lens, cut that into smaller lenses for frames and then bend those to fit the frames? Because thats what the site makes it sound like they do, especially with disclaimers of optical distortion which I haven't seen in any of the pairs of Oakleys I've ever tried on.

The site says that they are polycarbonate and won't break, but I've had pairs of sunglasses with similar lenses shatter (thankfully not in my face). Watching the biggest employee in the Vault wallop a Juliet lens with a hammer and see it not break was a big selling point to my wife and I.

I guess what I'm getting at is do they make one giant single lens, cut that into smaller lenses for frames and then bend those to fit the frames? Because thats what the site makes it sound like they do, especially with disclaimers of optical distortion which I haven't seen in any of the pairs of Oakleys I've ever tried on.

thanks for the input bros! my only option is to get someone to cut original oakley lenses to fit R1s but the problem is i dont have that someone! lol! and i still believe that it aint oakley if the lens aint oakley but ill try to buy these linegear lenses because they are cheaper and with the color that i want for the R1s!

thanks for the input bros! my only option is to get someone to cut original oakley lenses to fit R1s but the problem is i dont have that someone! lol! and i still believe that it aint oakley if the lens aint oakley but ill try to buy these linegear lenses because they are cheaper and with the color that i want for the R1s!

Dr. Chop?

Pretty sure I've seen custom R1 lenses on his site before.