• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Questions

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I have never used Linegear rubbers before, but I will be buying some soon. I was just wondering from everyone's experiences how they hold up compared to OEM.

Also, since they are just silicon, I assume they don't grip like OEM rubber do.

There's a number of threads discussing this but general consensus is that they are a good alternative to OEM. Being silicon, they actually should last longer than OEM, not having the same deterioration problems from absorbing oils.

As far as grip goes, no, they aren't 100% as grippy as OEM, but it's pretty dang close, surprisingly. I wondered how that'd compare during the sweaty summer months and they did quite well, didn't really become slippery, maintained adequate grip.

And for the record, as of this writing, of my dozen Juliets half have OEM rubber and half have LG rubber. My non-Juliet x-metals are all OEM except I have a custom pair of Mars being done that will get LG rubber when complete.

@Linegear Official...

I wear a pair of Juliets with red linegear rubber at work as safety glasses when I need them. They are holding up very well and the color looks great :) Very happy with them! I think they are an excellent alternative to the OEM if you want colored rubber on your glasses. Will likely never need to change the rubber because of the relatively lite use and the high quality silicon. Have ordered a purple set recently and can't wait for those to arrive!

can I re-put this way, sorry for posting crazy thing.

I am happy that Linegear's lenses and rubbers are good, and to say some people will have different likes and dislike, we support Oakley and provide custom color

our intention is to make x-metal holders enjoy customize your frames.

thank you.

Last edited:
sorry I feel not comfortable seeing my other part.

I just want to make a point that I am happy that all these years Linegear lenses and rubbers could be of help.

will try to keep it good quality.

Last edited:
LineGear rubbers are great!

A couple of months ago I snagged a full Blue kit for my X-Squared's, ... I absolutely love(d) them. So much so that just after the new year I grabbed full Orange & Grey kits for the XS's ... Five days from Japan to Syracuse, NY, USA.

Highly recommended, Sir.

Back