• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Rubber Sets

So just picked up my gaskets from linegear. Pretty happy with them but I have a few little gripes. First of all, the cut for both the top and bottom gaskets are cut pretty well. However, they are made of a softer rubber material while OEM material is a little bit harder. Other than that, they are a great alternative to the OEM gaskets and would recommend them if you can ignore the fact that they are a softer material.

So just picked up my gaskets from linegear. Pretty happy with them but I have a few little gripes. First of all, the cut for both the top and bottom gaskets are cut pretty well. However, they are made of a softer rubber material while OEM material is a little bit harder. Other than that, they are a great alternative to the OEM gaskets and would recommend them if you can ignore the fact that they are a softer material.
Cool...thanks for the info Rob!!

Will that make a difference?

I think that over time, being a softer rubber will be an advantage!! It won't break down and fall apart/crack as quick as a harder rubber will. That being said, it you apply too much pressure when tightening the orbital screws it will always happen sooner than later no matter how soft or hard the rubber is.

Quick update. Kind of sucky thing happened for me is that I think the custom cut gold polarized lenses for one of my Romeos was custom cut to fit into that frame without having the upper gaskets. Now that I have upper gaskets in there, the lenses are struggling to stay put and are moving around more. Damn flawed design of the R1!

Quick update. Kind of sucky thing happened for me is that I think the custom cut gold polarized lenses for one of my Romeos was custom cut to fit into that frame without having the upper gaskets. Now that I have upper gaskets in there, the lenses are struggling to stay put and are moving around more. Damn flawed design of the R1!

Sorry to hear that Rob. Sounds like the opposite issue of what I experienced, I had to shave one of my lenses from Linegear down a tad. Seems like the tolerances on the R1's are difficult to nail, huh? Hope you find a way to figure this out, if not just run it w/o the gaskets maybe? I know, I know...it just wouldn't feel right w/o the gaskets...lol, I'm kinda anal about things too! Good luck with finding a resolution.

Back