• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear Tanzanite Lens

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
Does anyone have these? If so how do you like them?

916863095d.JPG

Sup Mauka! I have the tanzanite in my R1 also. Compared to OEM and VL, I'd say the Linegear lenses are a close 2nd to OEM. The one thing I notice is that they scratch really easy, just simple cleaning with a micro bag left fine swirl marks on mine...but I'm anal also, so I notice those fine details. Other than that, the color shift tends to show a lot of purple (just like in jetta's pics), more so than I expected. If you like more purple, then I'd recommend them...but if you're looking for more red overall, I'd go with the garnet or mirror red.

Here's mine mounted in my R1...you can kind of see the cleaning swirls in the last pic...
DSC03323.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

DSC03321.jpg

Man, the Romeo's look real nice! I hope I can get one someday. Can your eyes be seen while wearing? Linegear says no but the lenses look kinda light.

Ulua, I like the way it has the red->purple->blue fading. Can use any of those colors for the rubber parts and it will still match. I really like the Ice style lenses. Love my Ice lenses in my new Half Jacket 2.0's

Man, the Romeo's look real nice! I hope I can get one someday. Can your eyes be seen while wearing? Linegear says no but the lenses look kinda light.

Ulua, I like the way it has the red->purple->blue fading. Can use any of those colors for the rubber parts and it will still match. I really like the Ice style lenses. Love my Ice lenses in my new Half Jacket 2.0's
yea, your eyes can be seen depending on the light.

Only if light gets in behind the lens. They are very thick lenses to begin with. The same as if light gets in behind an oak iridium. I have the green/jade ones.

Latest Posts

Back