• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lines/scratches Jupiter Squared Frame HELP!

Jummeltje

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
I have a angry customer who bought an Jupiter Squared from me.
He claims that there are two deep scratches in his frame. One on the left front side (left side of the lens)
and one on the right front side (right side of the lens).
This frame was brand new in box so i thought it was impossible. Then i checked my own jupiter squareds
and they all have those scratches. It seems to be part of the model.

Now the guy doesn't believe me and get more angry and angry (hehe :p)
Can you guys help me out and send me some pics of the lines/scratches in your frames to proove the guy
that it's part of model and not some random scratches?

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

that is NOT a scratch. the issue was raised when they first came out - it is actually moulding lines from when the frames were moulded. completely normal, all pairs have them. if i remember correctly, the holbrook has them near the rivets too, and someone thought it was a crack but it wasnt.

I have customers ask about these "scratches" almost daily. Once you get them to realize it has nothing to do with the quality of the frame and that every frame has them, they usually tend to lighten up about it. I can honestly say I haven't seen a Black pair of Jupiter squared without the lines. A few of my holbrooks have them as well.

Latest Posts

Back