• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lingear Juliet X Metal Setup W/lens Review - Opinions Wanted

InfiniteHero

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
United States
Got this in the mail (Juliet X-Metal), decided to add Linegear Jade lenses and the Green ear socks. Was originally going to put this on my Carbon Frame but I don't know kinda like it on here. Please give your opinion whether you like it or not. :)

dsc03136n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it matches your "Premium Member" icon perfectly...... Kudos on the color match, I am starting to really like Linegear stuff.......Thanks for the post AND the phone call....

That is a nice match. I did the same rubbers with plasma / emerald and it didn't work out nearly as well.
LG green isn't like emerald but more like Jade eh?

That is a nice match. I did the same rubbers with plasma / emerald and it didn't work out nearly as well.
LG green isn't like emerald but more like Jade eh?

The original Oakley rubbers are more of the duller emerald color similar to thier emerald lens. The Linegear matches more to thiers which is a brighter green.

Add a new word to the dictionary: Frogliets
Wouldn't change the setup

Very nice! I bought the green rubber kits as well,for the R1, and they complement the jade irid perfectly! Here's a pic!
emujesag.jpg

Linegear does quality stuff! Btw, how's the lenses, quality-wise?

The quality seems to be no diff than Oakley's lenses and the rubbers are same quality, however two differences. The earsocks themselves are shaped slightly diff(I am sure it is a copyright thing), and so are the gaskets. The notch in the gasket is slights smaller, and the temple shocks do not have the 15 on them. Other than that they are a match. Very worth it. Makes me question cutting lenses if Linegear has them or something similar. I feel like the glasses have to be totally Oak products and not being so takes away from them, however I am sure I will get over that.

Lens Viewing - The lens should be for bright sunny days. They really cut the light down. I noticed the clarity was really good not only in direct viewing(which most lenses are good, it where they curve the cheap one have issues) but all throughout the curve of the lens. The light gradient lightens up the further away from center that you go. Very pleased but due to the, i guess darkness of them, I have to get used to it. Oak lenses just don't cut as much light as these. I hope this helps answer some of the question about Linegear products.