• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Link redirect

Yeah I'm with digi7alph0enix's explanation. The VigLink stuff in that other thread was where it would automatically turn plain-text words into ad links, which Boss blocked for premium members.

This is something different, where an intentionally posted link is redirected. Since you point out it's also VigLink, now that you mention it I've noticed viglink doing that for a long time now, but it's always ended up taking you to the link's original destination (well, almost always, at least once I've linked to a product on one website and viglink redirected to the same product on another website but that's neither here nor there...)

So the idea that there's something buggy in the redirection is quite plausible.

Not sure why O-review is redirecting here, we have nothing to do with that. We do use VigLink, which allows us to earn revenue when someone clicks any link on the site. This is for all members, since it doesn't change the experience, you still end up on the amazon, eBay etc. link you intended except you are also supporting Oakley Forum.

Latest Posts

Back