1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone else getting this in the advertising sidebar on their Facebook pages? They're definitely not legit.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

I get them for time to time I report them to Facebook

3. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

yup, i get them all the time on the right side of the page, oakleys for $8.99 with like 80% discount lol.

4. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

adblock for years. All I see is white space. these affiliate groups are so hard to screen.

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

People complain about ads constantly, I don't get it. Noscript to avoid viruses and data mining, adblock to avoid ads and inconvenience.

Except here on the forum, we love our ads here and I disable all software designed to remove them.

6. Android Bill

Android Bill Oakley Beginner

I hate them. Every time I see one I report it to Facebook for spam and then go to the web address and email it to Oakley. Also, u might see some very nasty comments and on their pictures, that'd be me lol. Its a shame Facebook would allow that, or any knockoff crap for thag matter on their advertising.. but money talks I guess. All about their bottom line.

7. big bopper

Not really bothered about the presence of ads or not to be honest, it was just the fact they were fake.

Don't know why I'm surprised to be honest. Zuckerberg stole the idea in the first place so I don't know why I would expect him to act ethically in any other respect of the business.

Edit: installed those add-ons, does look a lot cleaner now. Thanks guys.

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Do you think the people running Facebook are responsible for ad content? Someone buys the ad space and pays the bill, that's it. A check for vulgar content is likely done, but I doubt they know the ads are for websites peddling fakes.

The only reason they show up is because you've been tracked and a keyword like "Oakley" pops up. So they reach in their bag of ads for matching keywords.

Don't run scripts that track your web presence and activity.

9. big bopper

Of course - they're selling space hosted on their website. From a corporate image prospective it would be last word in stupidity not to monitor it.