• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Links To Fake Sites On Facebook

adblock for years. All I see is white space. these affiliate groups are so hard to screen.
People complain about ads constantly, I don't get it. Noscript to avoid viruses and data mining, adblock to avoid ads and inconvenience.

Except here on the forum, we love our ads here and I disable all software designed to remove them.

I hate them. Every time I see one I report it to Facebook for spam and then go to the web address and email it to Oakley. Also, u might see some very nasty comments and on their pictures, that'd be me lol. Its a shame Facebook would allow that, or any knockoff crap for thag matter on their advertising.. but money talks I guess. All about their bottom line.

Not really bothered about the presence of ads or not to be honest, it was just the fact they were fake.

Don't know why I'm surprised to be honest. Zuckerberg stole the idea in the first place so I don't know why I would expect him to act ethically in any other respect of the business.

Edit: installed those add-ons, does look a lot cleaner now. Thanks guys.

Do you think the people running Facebook are responsible for ad content? Someone buys the ad space and pays the bill, that's it. A check for vulgar content is likely done, but I doubt they know the ads are for websites peddling fakes.

The only reason they show up is because you've been tracked and a keyword like "Oakley" pops up. So they reach in their bag of ads for matching keywords.

Don't run scripts that track your web presence and activity.

Back