1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

So suppose in the interest of the common good I am going to have to admit to being a dickhead!

It goes like this:-

I was filpping between work and ebay when up popped this boxed pair of mint ruby mars ,described as complete and original,photographed on a bed ,not a set,looked great,BIN $600, been looking for a pair so hit the buy button. Deal done.
    Then I went back to revisit the photos,photo one shows the glasses on a non mars box doesn't it? The Mars box has a wrap around printed sleeve - and isn't it convenient how the insert of the serial number obscures the print on the box? The second photo will not zoom,appears to be from a different source,next photos go on to show a Mars box! Starting to wonder now!!
    So I message the seller asking him to cofirm that the box specifies that it is for a Ruby Mars and that the serial number on the frame matces the box before I make payment. Silence.........
    Try again ....more silence
    So then I go and look at his feed back, and guess what, two purchases from Walleva lenses, Ruby lenses and red rubber perchance ? or am I paranoid?

Here is the link ,comments welcome.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261556857979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Still looking for a ruby mars!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Excellent sleuthing. I'd hold on payment and open a case to prevent negative feedback on your end.

3. Oakley Veteran

Oakley Veteran Oakley Enthusiast

Hmmm, tricky. Well we can all see that the first image shows a pair of mars definitely NOT sitting on top of a mars box which is a dumb mistake to make by the seller. But hey, it could just be a mistake....right....there are still honest folk out there...somewhere...aren't there...?:sorry:
    2nd image is almost definitely not his.
    All I can say is that if he's for real, surely he'll get back to you to re-assure you.
    If not and you're in doubt, keep the cash.

4. Oakley Veteran

And then yeah, do what DG85 said.

5. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

Do Walleva rubbers have size "25" on them? These do. Plus the description says "all original" you got a case if the box or anything isn't "original".

6. hereispunishment

Plus if the serial in the picture doesn't match the frame you get, that's another detail to bring to the possible case.

7. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Just had another look at his feed back - he bought some thing off the eyeframesman around the same time as the Walleva purchases - wonder what it was????
    He has got 2 chances of me sending money - none and F-all..

hereispunishment likes this.
  8. hereispunishment

F all is better.

9. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

I don't think you can open a case if you don't pay.I think I just get a black mark against me ,he cant leave feedback either.

10. Oakley Veteran

Now look at the second page of eyeframesman's "feedback as a seller" and yep, there he is currently 2nd from bottom with a purchase on 7th of April with "AUTHENTIC NEW OAKLEY X METAL XMETAL MARS (#251489149804)".
    Real sorry mate, but I think you've got your answer.