• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Outstanding review, roadie!
The Jawbreaker looks complex and weighty, and, yes, badass.
I understand "progress", but I still reach for my M frames for a serious ride.

Ruby VR50 photochromic!!
:beach:

When is that QLR-certified selfie gonna drop though? I know I've seen you with the Eyeshade on. lol

And thanks everyone again.
I don't know... No specific date... Too many Oakleys, not enough money lol

Awesome review! Have you picked up a Radar EV yet? I got one and love it! I'd be curious to see your review on that model, or a comparison to the Jawbreaker.

Awesome review! Have you picked up a Radar EV yet? I got one and love it! I'd be curious to see your review on that model, or a comparison to the Jawbreaker.

Thanks. I'm a bit slim on funds atm, partly due to heavier spending lately on O stuff (ha, such is life). Used my F&F already on small stuff even, thinking the EV was going to cost more than it actually does (not to mention the Jawbreaker cost less than I expected too). Definitely am curious about it. If there was a leftover code still hanging I might just do it (that is, if the website doesn't mind me using a second code).

The Path cut looks awfully similar to the Jawbreaker lens shape. As I alluded to in OP, I can imagine the EV actually being the better pair, or at least most sensibly. Other than being my fav lens tint and aesthetic, I'm a bit wary the Radarlock has turned obsolete.

I haven't gotten the Jawbreakers I ordered from the web site yet, but I did try one on in the store. Personally, I like the fit of the EV better. It really grips your head, and the lens coverage is great too. I think the Jawbreaker felt a bit front-heavy in comparison. As for the lens, I would think the Pitch lens is closer in size to the Jawbreaker, but the JB lens shape is closer to the Path.

I haven't gotten the Jawbreakers I ordered from the web site yet, but I did try one on in the store. Personally, I like the fit of the EV better. It really grips your head, and the lens coverage is great too. I think the Jawbreaker felt a bit front-heavy in comparison. As for the lens, I would think the Pitch lens is closer in size to the Jawbreaker, but the JB lens shape is closer to the Path.

Not to sound defensive over it, but have you run the stems full length? And was the security sensor on in the store? I can imagine those influencing the feel, though I don't think they have Radar/Lock/EV-esque grip regardless.

It could also be that I just have a bigger head (~59cm, usually Large helmets therefore).

Back