• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long Time Reader...

The TBII is really just influenced by the shape of the TB1. It takes what was cool and innovative in 1998 and advances the tech by 10 years.

I wore a Polished Ti with CF face for almost 10 years as my everyday watch (got a deal on it for $400 - through an O rep). Being Ti it was light but it was a "large" watch. Comparing my remaining TB1 (a Stealth) to the TB2; the TB2 is much larger . Obviously the band tech is much different with plates of TI screwed onto a unobtanium band vs the TB1 with a more standard watch band. The TB2 never grabs the hairs on my wrist (or is it that they are not there since I wore the TB1 so long).

After speaking to a person at a high end watch shop (that did not sell Oakley) she told me that the innards are drastically different in the TB2. In the TB1 the self-winding mechanism charges a capacitor that then will power the watch for however long (3-4 days without winding). I actually had this replaced in my Ti TB1 about 6 months before it completely died.

The TB2 is actually an "automatic" watch... the self-winder is actually winding the watch. This is similar to many high end watches.

Probably TMI... so how about some comparison pics.

0KIk0.jpg

9wle8.jpg

welcome to our community talismanx!

thank you for sharing some pics with us . . .

poor dead juliet :sad:

Thanks for the clarification, that was bet helpful. I see TB1 pretty cheap on the bay all the time and had been considering picking one up until now. I would rather save up for the TB2 after your information. Thanks again!

It was a bad day. I was riding my motorcycle to my new house. It was late fall and I had not started it in a while so it stalled at a light right in front of a huge SUV. Almost got hit. Pushed the bike across the street where my wife met me. I put my helmet in the back seat and pulled out a hat that was in there. I did not notice that I had left these inside the hat. I put it on... these fell on he ground. My wife pulled away to park... all I heard was CRACK. What you see was the result. So no, there was no tank - just a Saab.

Latest Posts

Back