• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long Wait is over But Issues (Updated )

Glad you got your refund; eBay is pretty buyer centric these days- they really take the approach that as long as the seller gets the item back, no harm no foul. That can open up sellers to scammers (fortunately I've avoided that over the years except maybe once) but for the most part it really gives you piece of mind buying something if its not up to snuff. As a seller that's why I'm so damn detailed with pictures and descriptions. I'd rather be anal in my listing and point out every little thing and have it drop the value of the item in the eyes of buyers even though 99% of buyers probably wouldn't notice or care about said every little things than have to deal with a buyer claiming I didn't disclose xyz and want a refund etc.

I'll say this though- I'm noticing a pattern on eBay where sellers are listing items as "New" then saying in the description "only worn once" or "looks brand new". Um...better read eBay's definition of "New" cause anything other than NEVER USED isn't New. Better to err on the side of saying something is pre-owned and have the item exceed buyer expectations than vice versa.

And I'm like you---- I take care of my stuff and if I want something mint and its not mint, all I'll be thinking about is how its not mint. If I'm buying a beater...hey...its a beater, I accept that- but if its not, the smallest nick might as well be a stress fracture across half the lens.

I'll say this though- I'm noticing a pattern on eBay where sellers are listing items as "New" then saying in the description "only worn once" or "looks brand new". Um...better read eBay's definition of "New" cause anything other than NEVER USED isn't New. Better to err on the side of saying something is pre-owned and have the item exceed buyer expectations than vice versa.

Yeah I've run into that too, a guy sold me a pair as NIB and it arrived needing a tuneup. He gave a lot of BS reasons why it was still NIB after being worn to the point of needing a tuneup but bottom line I got a partial refund out of him.

Yeah I've run into that too, a guy sold me a pair as NIB and it arrived needing a tuneup. He gave a lot of BS reasons why it was still NIB after being worn to the point of needing a tuneup but bottom line I got a partial refund out of him.
I've run into this a lot over the years, but luckily all of the issues worked out in my favor. I've received many partial refunds due to the Oakleys not matching the description in the listing. I've noticed one thing, and this happens almost every time. People don't clean the damn lenses before shipping them out, so you can't even tell what shape their in until you clean them. I'll get a pair in that's got smudges and gunk all over them and instantly get pissed off. WTF?! Clean your sh** up before you ship it! I don't want to clean your damn sweat off the frame and lenses!

Glad you got your refund; eBay is pretty buyer centric these days- .

Yea I bought a pair of Carbon Jupiter on Craigs list. he was only 90 miles away , I told him we would come down and get it, Then head to the gambling boat
he said he would ship and we could use paypal . I gave in , But i marked it as a purchase and not a F&F
Well i never got tracking and he stopped answering my text
I got my money back but it took a month

People don't clean the damn lenses before shipping them out, so you can't even tell what shape their in until you clean them.

lol I've even had that happen with forum purchases; they'd been on display long enough to gather dust and the seller didn't bother to clean them first. When I first unbox I'm like, "WTF? These were supposed to be pristine!" Then I hit them with the cleaning kit and all good...

Latest Posts

Back