• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking At Radars - Best Contrast Iridium Lens?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I have some money in my Paypal account, which is linked to a dead bank account so I have no way of getting the money back to me without resorting to some arcane paper-and-mail method. So good news, I have most of a pair of Oakleys worth in my account!

I'm looking to get a set of Radars. I found they do sell matte black at retail. I have a few questions though;

There are two retailers on eBay selling SKU 09-676 and both look pretty legit. They want $110. I don't have any reason to suspect they aren't legit, but I just want to make sure.
NEW OAKLEY RADAR PITCH MATTE BLACK W/ GREY 09-676 | eBay
Oakley Radar Pitch Matte Black/Grey 09-676 | eBay

I want to get an extra lens and finally have a bright lens for cloudy days (never got one for my MFrames, Half Jackets, Flak Jackets). I'd still like it to be iridium coated for glare, and just so that it retains a certain look without people seeing through my lenses easily. What's the best option for the Radar? G30 Iridum? Do they make a VR50 Gold Iridum or Black Persimmon Iridium for these?

The Oakley site only shows HI Persimmon and G30 Iridium in accessory lenses, but I know there are more available from other sources.

Anyone have pictures of these lenses? I own Gold Iridium and Vr28 lenses, but I've never worn a G or Persimmon lens. The Vault near me doesn't like taking out accessory lenses unless you're going to buy so they're not getting handled all the time.

G20 Black Iridium and G30 Titanium Iridium are solid choices. I've never tried the Vr50 or Black Persimmon Iridium, but the Persimmon is an awesome lens. I use it in the woodshop with my M Frames.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a huge fan of the Fire. I think they're really overrated. I felt like they smudged up much more frequently and the actual contrast wasn't a welcome compared to the Vr28 and Titanium/Bronze based lenses. This is just my personal feeling towards it though. I'm sure you may enjoy them :)

I'm not a huge fan of the Fire. I think they're really overrated. I felt like they smudged up much more frequently and the actual contrast wasn't a welcome compared to the Vr28 and Titanium/Bronze based lenses.
I agree with you...it seems like the fire lenses I have always have smudges on them. I like the Vr28 better myself...

I owned a set of Fire in the past. The contrast was more blue/green than red/orange/brown and it didn't agree with my eyes. Add to that the constant need for cleaning, and they're not really my style. I think Fire is still in the teens for transmission.

I'm really looking for something 30+, or else I'd just wear my VR28 M Frames.

09-676 is a retail SKU for Matte Black with Grey Pitch lens.

I still can't believe just the frames are going for $80-100 on eBay. It's cheaper to buy a set at $125 and sell the lens than it is to get a frame and buy a lens for it.

g26 gives you a very sharp and clear vision.
I wear them on the cycling track and outside. Good for both!

Back