• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for 17 inch laptop backpack, Oakley Kitchen Sink or Targus Drifter?

brands like Hazard 4, Maxpedition, etc. They put the Everki bag to shame.

These "military" style laptop backpacks seem. There isn't even a 17 inch version I bet.

Any ways I have received the Everki Titan today, I'm not too happy with the bag. Internal quality is pretty bad. I'm going to return it.

Between Hazard 4 Switchback and the Sink, which one do you prefer??

Last edited:
Oh please, these "military" style laptop backpacks are tiny. There isn't even a 17 inch version I bet.
Are you on crack?

Who said anything about 17" laptops? Who said anything about backpacks?

I own one laptop. It's an oversized 17" Asus ROG I use for CAD modeling at work. Since I rarely take it home I bought a cheap $35 Everki bag for it. It fits the laptop, the charger, and a mouse, and not much else. I bought it online because no one had one like it in stock, or anything similar that wasn't a full backpack or large messenger bag.

I don't need another 17" laptop bag.

I own range bags, small duffel bags, storage and organizer bags, and a messenger bag for my daily needs. I bought them from "military" style brands because they double stitch everything, use heavy webbing and nylon, reinforced box stitch all of the strap ends and velcro fields, and generally "overbuild" the bag. Some of these bags see heavy use and still look as good as the day I bought them.

My Everki bag, that's maybe seen a total of three weeks' worth of use in the last year, has fraying straps, torn fabric, pulled stitches, worn zippers, and looks like it will need to be replaced soon.

Because, you see, most companies that make things like bags don't change their entire way of manufacturing products on different things they offer. A small camera bag is built the same as the 17" laptop bag with all of the bells and whistles. The same base fabrics are used, the same construction techniques are used. The added expense comes in the way of features and size/complexity.

So this POS Everki bag I have? Yes, I will judge Everki's entire product offering as being the same. I would not recommend the brand.

These "military" style laptop backpacks seem. There isn't even a 17 inch version I bet.

Any ways I have received the Everki Titan today, I'm not too happy with the bag. Internal quality is pretty bad. I'm going to return it.

Between Hazard 4 Switchback and the Sink, which one do you prefer??
It looks like you were editing your post when I replied

I haven't had hands on the Switchback. I own the Defense Courier. It has a 15" laptop sleeve, but I use that compartment for work folders and binders.

Overall I like the bag. It's got the best shoulder strap of anything I've used.

I would buy Hazard 4 first if they had a bag that fit my needs.

I can take some detailed photos if you'd like. I know a guy that is a dealer for Hazard 4 and see if he has a Switchback in stock that he can compare.

Oakley's internal ain't that much better either.
I owned the SI Laptop bag (and removed the laptop carrier) before my current Hazard 4. It stood up to daily use pretty good, but I didn't like the buckles and configuration of the bag. I used it for a long time and retired it into my closet at home. It's still in pretty good shape, not much fraying and no tears.

It's built pretty similarly to the Kitchen Sink.

Threads like this tend to make me mad, our OP is a 'Yes but...' kind of guy who cares not for our facts and informed opinions ...

If he posted a thread on what the colour the of sky; 'yes but MINE is cloudy'

SMMF'ingH

@financialwar. Have you looked up the Badlands backpacks I suggested? Lifetime guarantee with pretty much no conditions...

PS. If this forums opinion doesn't float your boat, move on!

Guys, appreciated if you would clarify acronyms first before using it. For example, it took me a while to figure out what KS (kitchen sink.. I know..), and I have no idea what SI is.

Any ways, currently I'm deciding between the Rush 72 and Maxpedition Falcon II. I can't get the Hazard 4 Patrol here in Australia.

Guys, appreciated if you would clarify acronyms first before using it. For example, it took me a while to figure out what KS (kitchen sink.. I know..), and I have no idea what SI is.

Any ways, currently I'm deciding between the Rush 72 and Maxpedition Falcon II. I can't get the Hazard 4 Patrol here in Australia.
God forbid as ASK and say you that don't understand...

... Or read the thread ALL about acronyms

It's worth a read...

Search function is also da bomb too!

Latest Posts

Back