• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for 17 inch laptop backpack, Oakley Kitchen Sink or Targus Drifter?

Threads like this tend to make me mad, our OP is a 'Yes but...' kind of guy who cares not for our facts and informed opinions ...

If he posted a thread on what the colour the of sky; 'yes but MINE is cloudy'

SMMF'ingH

@financialwar. Have you looked up the Badlands backpacks I suggested? Lifetime guarantee with pretty much no conditions...

PS. If this forums opinion doesn't float your boat, move on!

Yes, I have. They effin ugly. I work at a bank, I'm not going to embarrass myself with a bag that look like a dead carcass.

Yes, I have. They effin ugly. I work at a bank, I'm not going to embarrass myself with a bag that look like a dead carcass.
There a solid black ones with an adaptable MOLLE outside... It's comfortable, simple black design, they quite big, modulate so you can buy the storage pouches that are to your liking ...

But whatev's ... You work in a bank right?

Guys, appreciated if you would clarify acronyms first before using it. For example, it took me a while to figure out what KS (kitchen sink.. I know..), and I have no idea what SI is.

Any ways, currently I'm deciding between the Rush 72 and Maxpedition Falcon II. I can't get the Hazard 4 Patrol here in Australia.
SI is a military line Oakley offers. OakleySI.com

If you like the Hazard 4 stuff more than 5.11 or Maxpedition I can see if the dealer I know will ship to Australia.

SI is a military line Oakley offers. OakleySI.com

If you like the Hazard 4 stuff more than 5.11 or Maxpedition I can see if the dealer I know will ship to Australia.

What do you think. Obviously you know more about military bags than I do.

I think I will go for the Rush 72 because it's bigger at 55L capacity, and I can get it tomorrow from this seller on gumtree, Falcon II is too small at only 23L. And I highly doubt your dealer is willing to sell and ship the Hazard 4 patrol to Australia for less than $179 AUD.

So if Rush 72's build quality is similar to that of Hazard 4, than I will buy the Rush 72

What do you think. Obviously you know more about military bags than I do.

I think I will go for the Rush 72 because it's bigger at 55L capacity, and I can get it tomorrow from this seller on gumtree, Falcon II is too small at only 23L. And I highly doubt your dealer is willing to sell and ship the Hazard 4 patrol to Australia for less than $179 AUD.

So if Rush 72's build quality is similar to that of Hazard 4, than I will buy the Rush 72
I'll look into it after work. I was looking at 5.11 when I bought my Hazard4, the configuration didn't work for me as well.

When and saw the 5.11 showroom today at WorkScene store Villawood NSW, they are treated like royals, I had to be accompanied by a stuff and lead to the showroom, so I couldn't play with all the other gears but the Rush 72 as there is someone watch me... Anyway, I was able to fit my Thinkpad W500 laptop into the hydration compartment. Quality bag.

I have the oakley SI messenger bag, it is possible to attached it the back of Rush 72? THe SI messenger bag as molle webbing at the back.

I have a Rush 72 and the MOAB 10 (I think, the bigger one) and a KS, and an Osprey messenger style. The Rush is HUGE compared to the KS; I'm on a week long business trip right now and use the Rush as my checked bag with the KS as a carry on. I really don't think the bags are comparable because the size is so different.

That said the 5.11 bags are thicker and "feel" more durable, they also have more organization options than the KS. The molle pouches are nice too! The 5.11 bag doesn't have a padded spot for the laptop but there is a nice sleeve for it to hold it from moving about. I don't think your SI bag will mount on the Rush as the molle spaces is not THAT big (think slightly larger than A4 paper). Even the other 5.11 bags use buckles to fasten together (the MOAB clips to the Rush) and not molle.

Does the Rush 24 say it will fit a 17"?

Latest Posts

Back