• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for a key

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have a few buddy if you cover the postage I'll send from uk

image.jpeg

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Yes I have a few buddy if you cover the postage I'll send from uk

View attachment 248653
I can send you one from the US...on me if you want it....just trying to be helpful spence

Username Hidden said:
I would think each lock and key sets for the same type of case will be unique

Username Hidden said:
U would think so, but they aren't.
Nope
Username Hidden said:
Throughout ONE store, yes. How about from different stores? Ibought one single-wide of that case type with missing key. I was told that no keys from that store can open it. Even the their O sales rep can't open it either. Lucky for that case that you can open one side panel to remove the lock. The bottom part though I had to use Dremel.
Different keys for every case makes for a difficult proposition. Remember that these cases not only went to O retail stores but any other retailer that asked for them as well.
Uniform keys make sense in so many ways and the old stretchline and x metal cases use one key and the newer 3.0/4.0 use another.
Not really too much to know there!

@CarGuy ...are you saying that I'm right?!?! lol

Thanks for all the replies.

@sisson16 is correct and all are keyed alike (3.0 to 3.0, XM to XM) I had a 3. Tower but got rid of it and all my other cases are XM so I'm stuck without a key ;(

I love when I'm right, wife always says I'm wrong ;)

Username Hidden said:
I love when I'm right, wife always says I'm wrong ;)
That's what the forum is, effectively a support group for abused spouses...

Username Hidden said:
Nope

Different keys for every case makes for a difficult proposition. Remember that these cases not only went to O retail stores but any other retailer that asked for them as well.
Uniform keys make sense in so many ways and the old stretchline and x metal cases use one key and the newer 3.0/4.0 use another.
Not really too much to know there!

:sorry:

I was just basing my post from own experience. :lol: Really glad to know I am wrong, so I know not to use Dremel next time. :p

I got to love the retailer's incompetent employees. I was told that they can't use one of their 4 cases (same type) because they can't find the key. They can't give it for free, so they asked me to buy it for $1. Gladly paid and took it home. Used Dremel to open the bottom storage and found a new condition black/ruby polarized Holbrook with "P" sticker still on the lens. :shock:

Username Hidden said:
I can send you one from the US...on me if you want it....just trying to be helpful spence
Thanks in advance to this fine forum brother for helping out. These little favors go along way in making this place great.

And thank you to @Spenc for the offer as well. I know if I ever need another who to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.