• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking For A Mars Box

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Need one. Already have a coin. Thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
Which one???

Crater. But doesn't really matter. You got one?

Username Hidden said:
Crater. But doesn't really matter. You got one?

Might have an extra crater. I bought a collection of all 4 but got two of them in same boxes so one is not correct. I believe that the one was the crater which I really don't need if the box is not correct for what I own.
I'll check later!

cool. let me know

Major rainfall equalled major flooding yesterday both at work and at home so I was unable to check into this until this am.
I put this in the open instead of PM-ing so that others can weigh in and comment/ contribute.
I think that I found out that I have an amalgamation of different packaging components in what I have.
The box sleeve is the sleeve with MJ on it wearing a smart brown fedora and a pair of leather Mars. I'm not sure, but I think that this sleeve was for the leather only and that the other Mars styles got a sleeve with a pic of the planet and "Mars".
The inner box is missing the picture Mars Crater label at one end and at the other end there is the UPC sticker that indicates that this box shipped with a pair of craters. Also a retail price tag from an eyewear shop supports this with an abbreviated description for a Mars Crtr Blk.
All that having been said, it appears that I may not have what you are looking for. I have what appears to be a box that a crater originally shipped in with a sleeve for a different Mars sku.
I'll start looking for a proper standard Mars box and if you are interested we can do something.
Any observations / input as to what sleeves are correct for which Mars along with opinions about what a correct box- albiet without the picture label- means to collectability would be an interesting discussion.

My Mars Ruby came with the Planet mars pic

Username Hidden said:
My Mars Ruby came with the Planet mars pic
Thanks for the insight!

What are you looking to get for that box set up?

If you come across a Mars non-Crater, I would be interested. I have a pair of Emerald Mars that we're Sunglass Hut Exclusive. Never seen the box, tho.