• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For All Around Flak Jacket Lenses

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I need a pair of clear lenses for shooting. I sometimes have to qualify in indoor ranges sometimes outdoors. Obviously xlj works for best protection and bright conditions I think Bip, persimmon for overcast, clear for indoors. But I'm wondering how well a pair of
Soflex clear transitions or maybe even the G40 transitions.

One of those would be cheaper then buying all 3 of those lenses.

What say you?

I fixed my post. Seems u may need to be able to read what I was saying to be able to answer the question.

Last edited:
I need a pair of clear lenses for shooting. I sometimes have to qualify in indoor ranges sometimes outdoors. Obviously xlj works for best protection and bright conditions I think Bip, persimmon for overcast, clear for indoors. But I'm wondering how well a pair of
Silex clear transitions or maybe even the God transitions.

One of those would be cheaper then buying all 3 of those lenses.

What say you?

I think I am one of the few that likes transition lenses. I have a Radar path, M frame hybrid, Flak Jacket photochromic lenses and FL J Oakley prescription transition.

The only difference I have noticed is tht my FL J Oakley transitions prescription, tends to become darker compared to my other 3 (photochromic). Almost looking like BI lenses at noon time in Houston heat (no squinting needed and my eyes cannot be seen). I think the reason for it is because the Oakley prescription lenses are thicker compared to the regular photochromic. My other 3 photochromic lenses, even if it is noon time does not get dark that much as the O prescribed transition and my eyes can be seen.

I have not tried the transition lenses that you have mentioned. The transition lenses are perfect for frequent indoor/outdoor activity/work. Having transition lenses would be a combination of like looking through black iridium lenses when outdoors and clear lenses when indoors. Hope this helps.

I had a pair for a fast jacket. May still have them around here. Briefly looked at them. As I recall they were good in doors but didn't seem to get dark enough or fast enough. Switching over to the half jacket because of the contour fits better and doesn't have that lug sticking out. At first I thought the Flaks were a pain to change lenses but I have since worked them in and aren't that bad now

transitions wise, clear-black iridium is the best all rounder.

for shooting though you probably want the advantage of tinted lenses to boost contrast. probably best to get different lenses and just change them on the fly

Latest Posts

Back