• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Help!

mrnobudy

Oakley Beginner
First off, no disrespect to the forum and members, but I have no interest in becoming a part of another forum

Yes, my I have been registered here for quite a while and, yes, I am not active, and I don't really plan to be.

I came here and posted today because I need help!

Long story short, I have a pair of prescription Half-Wire 2.0's that I have had for about 4 years. The earsocks are starting to degrade on them. Found out I can only get a 'generic' replacement kit from Oakley.

I tried to replace the socks, but they wouldn't go on, ended up bending the arm all to heck. Well, as I straightened it out and put whats left of my old ear sock on, I noticed the thin part is starting to crack.

So I guess I don't have much time before the whole end bit of the arm snaps fully off. Right were the ear sock is at.

I cannot get new scripts for my sunglasses due to insurance being used already this year for my normal glasses. I cannot afford a full set of lenses/frames out of pocket.

Just asking for some help in a desperate situation. Thanks!

Kory

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have luck finding the same pair on eBay and replacing just the stem since I believe they screw in on Half-Wires.

Next time you change the socks, use a tiny amount of liquid dish soap as a lubricant. The socks slide on so easily and after the soap dries, they tack just fine. Good luck.

You may have luck finding the same pair on eBay and replacing just the stem since I believe they screw in on Half-Wires.
I thought of that, but unfortunately, I cannot seem to get my arm back on the frame fully. I spoke with an Oakley rep, and he said it has to do with the design of the hinge, that it acts as a spring hinge, so they really are not meant to be taken apart.

I have kept my eye on Ebay, but no luck in a cheap replacement frame...

Latest Posts

Back