• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking For Jfl

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Great pair. I have the aluminum / ice polar pair & love them. One of my favorite pairs. The machined aluminum orbitals are awesome. The blue c.f. weave is amazing and ice polar is a great lens. Instant classic in my opinion

Some people reacted to this post.
Photo%20Aug%2012%2C%208%2057%2026%20PM.jpg

just an i dea for @Bubba if you want to go custom. my IH inspired jfl custom :D (i don't offer lens cutting or icon painting services. please contact our resident cutters and/or painters if interested)

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:

just an i dea for @Bubba if you want to go custom. my IH inspired jfl custom :D (i don't offer lens cutting or icon painting services. please contact our resident cutters and/or painters if interested)
Dang should've done that instead of selling it

Username Hidden said:

That JFL is a beauty!

Username Hidden said:
Dang should've done that instead of selling it
yeah. still kicking myself for buying a jupiter carbon instead of getting another jfl. well, at least i have this pair :)

Username Hidden said:
That JFL is a beauty!
thanks. I did cut the lenses on this and I'm glad I didn't screw it up... too much. lol. good thing I got the lenses cheap or I wouldn't even dare. i just wish i could take better pics.

Last edited:
@MachineHead that is a gorgeous pair of glasses! I will leave this pair I am getting (my first pair of JFLs) the way they come from factory. However, if I can scrounge up another set, I wouldn't mind copying your customs...so I am pretty new here as ya'll know, and I have heard a lot about custom lense cutting and painting of glasses and icons. Do you guys just get the color lenses you want and cut hem to fit the frames you want to put them in if they don't offer that color lense for your frame? Obviously you have to choose a lense that is larger than the one you need to fit into your frame so you can "hack" at it. Sorry to ask questions that many others may see as "stupid questions" but I have gained quite a bit of knowledge from this site already and I can't wait for moar!

Username Hidden said:
yeah. still kicking myself for buying a jupiter carbon instead of getting another jfl. well, at least i have this pair :)

thanks. i just wish i could take better pics.

I hope to get a few more pairs of JFLs if I can come across more..I checked my O store and the local vault and no one had any (not surprised since I believe they were a limited number made two years ago or so?) Guessing the only way to b get them is to score them from kind peoples willing to let theirs go?

Username Hidden said:
@MachineHead that is a gorgeous pair of glasses! I will leave this pair I am getting (my first pair of JFLs) the way they come from factory. However, if I can scrounge up another set, I wouldn't mind copying your customs...so I am pretty new here as ya'll know, and I have heard a lot about custom lense cutting and painting of glasses and icons. Do you guys just get the color lenses you want and cut hem to fit the frames you want to put them in if they don't offer that color lense for your frame? Obviously you have to choose a lense that is larger than the one you need to fit into your frame so you can "hack" at it. Sorry to ask questions that many others may see as "stupid questions" but I have gained quite a bit of knowledge from this site already and I can't wait for moar!
that's correct. aside from the size, it would be best to get the correct curvature. a different curvature may work but it won't look right. you can check out the lens cutting table for reference.

Oh snap, had no idea there was a lens cutting table to reference..that is quite convenient, lots of good information here! What is used to cut these lenses the best and easiest? I've got a dremel, but I imagine that would be close to destroying a sunglasses lens...one thing I was thinking is that I have a good jeweler buddy, don't know if some of the fancy high tech equipment he has may be able to cut the lenses and not destroy them...as long as I get the lenses with the right curvature and large enough for me to trim down, take measurements...maybe I can have something going here?

Username Hidden said:
Oh snap, had no idea there was a lens cutting table to reference..that is quite convenient, lots of good information here! What is used to cut these lenses the best and easiest? I've got a dremel, but I imagine that would be close to destroying a sunglasses lens...one thing I was thinking is that I have a good jeweler buddy, don't know if some of the fancy high tech equipment he has may be able to cut the lenses and not destroy them...as long as I get the lenses with the right curvature and large enough for me to trim down, take measurements...maybe I can have something going here?

unless you're willing to risk F-ing up your lenses (pardon my french), i would suggest you get it done by one of our resident lens cutters. a lot of good cutters here, especially @InfiniteHero who gets them cut by machine. btw, the lenses i used on mine were holbrook lenses.