• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For New Glasses: Like VR28, Polarized, Light, Good For Car Driving

On my daily wearer I have Tungsten Polarized and I'm a big fan of that.
One of my regular rotation daily pairs is a Tungsten Polarized, I enjoy it as well.

VR28 Polarized is uncommon, but a sweet lens. I would get one if they came in a frame I wear (they might come in the Ten now that I think about it).

Other light polarized contrast? Gold Polarized has a low transmission rate, but is a pretty decent lens that doesn't feel as dark as rated.

VR28 polarized, G30 polarized, and tungsten polarized all let in 16% light and would be great options. I have always thought the VR28 lenses are amazing. While VR28 polarized is darker than regular VR28 (16% vs. 28%), the base lens color doesn't make it feel really dark on a partly cloudy day (light black iridium polarized would). G30 polarized is also a good option, but between the two VR28 polarized can handle bright sunlight a bit better than G30 polarized through my eyes anyways. VR28 polarized would be an excellent all-around lens option(I know you are looking for something for driving..as a side note I think VR28 polarized is the best lens Oakley makes for site-fishing). The only downside to it is as Rustpot stated, it's pretty hard uncommon (they make it for the half jacket, and flak jacket for sure, not sure what else). Two other options I can think of is Shallow blue polarized, and fire iridium polarized too.

Thank you very much for your comments. VR28 seems to be really great. I will probabely go for a Jawbone / Racing Jacket, which has the VR28 lens available (Btw. are the lens of Jawbone and Racing Jacket interchangeable?)

Thank you also for the G30 Polarized hint. This might a good option, as well.

What do you think of the OO Red Iridium Polarized? What is the difference to +Red Iridium Polarized? How does these perfom in comparisson to the VR 28 Pol?

What is P42?

Consider bronze polarized as well. IMO, a great versatile lens, that is perfect on an overcast day yet won't murder your eyes at the beach. If I owned one pair (crazy hypothetical, I know), that'd be it.

Thank you very much for your comments. VR28 seems to be really great. I will probabely go for a Jawbone / Racing Jacket, which has the VR28 lens available (Btw. are the lens of Jawbone and Racing Jacket interchangeable?)

Thank you also for the G30 Polarized hint. This might a good option, as well.

What do you think of the OO Red Iridium Polarized? What is the difference to +Red Iridium Polarized? How does these perfom in comparisson to the VR 28 Pol?

What is P42?
Jawbone was the first iteration. The name changed was forced on Oakley and it Became the Racing Jacket. I believe the lenses are the same, but that might not be right.

OO Red has a OO base to it, similar to Warm Grey. Which is a light contrast base. Personally I'm not much of a fan. +Red is a grey-based lens.

P42 is a slightly darker Persimmon lens, 42% transmission I believe.

Has anyone worn HI Yellow lenses for night driving? I have sensitive eyes and glare & headlights can be an issue at night and was wondering if those would help.

Consider bronze polarized as well. IMO, a great versatile lens, that is perfect on an overcast day yet won't murder your eyes at the beach. If I owned one pair (crazy hypothetical, I know), that'd be it.
I had a Hijinx in Bronze Polarized - The color was way too dark for me. Great color, no doubt, but it doesn't work with flat light and overcast conditions.

Have you tried the G series of lenses? If you like VR28, you'll probably like G30. Similar lens, but everything has a rosey pinkish tint, vs the yellow tint on VR28. I personally think G30 provides even better contrast in comparisson to VR28. None of the G lenses are offered in Polarized veriants though, as far as I know.

+1

I got new G30's (vented) on my Split Jackets the other week and they're SO nice to drive in ... unless you have bright direct sunlight in your face (e.g.. sunset) ... then id probably go Vr28 Polarized ...

Back