• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for new lens, can't tell what kind of lens I need. (pics)

Erick123

Oakley Beginner
I got the WAY back when, and I have no idea on what lens I need.

I was told they are X-Metals, (a size in between Romeo and Juliette. Cost around $330 from sunglass hut.) I got the back when I was in 7th grade(they are 10 + years old, if I can get a new lens, then great! If not I will have to start shopping).

Is it possible to get some online? I don't care if they are from Oakley or not.

Also I am missing a nose piece, where can I get a new set of all the rubber socks and inserts?

The only code I could find on the glasses were located on the left arm. = XT036396

58b06bda.jpg

8ccbf4b9.jpg

1eb5ce02.jpg

Attachments

• 58b06bda.jpg
    58b06bda.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 215
  • 8ccbf4b9.jpg
    8ccbf4b9.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 1eb5ce02.jpg
    1eb5ce02.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 214
Call Oakley CS and ask them for X Metal XX nose bombs for your TiO2 (The colorway you have). They'll tell you they are discontinued and no longer have stock. Then tell them you heard Juliet nose bombs can work and ask if they can send you a pair. They should send you a set for free. They might even offer you 25% toward another pair of glasses. BriP is correct in saying the nose bombs are hard to come by. You'll be able to fit a pair of Juliet nose bombs. They won't be a perfect fit, but will still work. Juliet earsocks will fit perfectly. You might want to ask them for a set of those too. CS should ship those for free as well.

Regarding the OEM lenses, you may have some trouble installing them. Myself and another member here (UCDavis?) bought the new Black Iridium lenses from Oakley and found that they don't fit perfectly in our TiO2 frames. It might have something to do with the new lenses being 2nd gens and the TiO2 may have been shaped differently in the gen 1. I was able to get my orbital screw to thread, but i had to use some force to hold it together. UCDavis actually had to modify the lens a bit for it to fit. Just be weary of that.

Back