• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Oakleys That Fit Me. Reverse Asian Fit!??

dflipp

Oakley Beginner
Hi there! Looking, at 35, to buy my first pair of sunglasses. I can't really say how many i've tried, but a lot. I have a "particular" nose and a "particular" taste. The nose is very wide and bony and I really like plastic sporty eyewear. Still haven't given up on finding some that will fit me.

The glasses always can't fit the nose. They sit on top of it and don't really get confortable "around" the nose... They stay too far away from the cheekbone and sometimes, with some models, I almost can see from below, from under the glasses...

Plastic surgery? LOL I didn't know there was an Asian Fit until recently and from the description I think I need precisely the opposite!!! What do you think?

Hey, the Ray Ban's Aviators styles do fit me, but I hate them! I have no interest in metal glasses. Still haven't found a pair I like. I like the plastic ones like the more classic Garage Rock or Frogskins but I also would like some "jacket-type" ones. Anything plastic that fit me really, I will consider... I also like some of the new signature ones I didn't know about...

Anything with an extra-wide nose bridge worth looking for?

Thanks!

I have got a biggish nose too fuel cells fit me unreal. Jupiter sqaured is a nice for me too

Post a pic of yourself with the Fuel Cells on in the "Do These Suit Me" thread so we can get an idea.

Fuel Cells are average.

The widest noses will be on the biggest pairs. Ten, Big Taco, etc.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and willingness to help. I've tried the Big Tacos and they are great. Almost a perfect fit. Almost. The best fit yet, at least. I think I'm going to get them, but first I would like you to tell me which other models would be worth trying, considering that the Big Tacos fit well enough. Anything similar worth checking? Thanks.

Today I had the chance to try the Twofaces. Surprisingly...they also work great with my fat nose. Very nice. I'm think I will go for them as they are more similar the Frogskin/Holbrook-style I prefer.

Anyone has any idea how the Jupiters and The Garage Rocks would fit me? I like them too, and didn't have the change to try them. Buying online would be a major risk for me... Any thoughts?

Back