• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Opinions On My Latest EyePatch Purchase

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
So Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to the Eyepatch pairs but here is the deal. I recently bought a pair of white stretchline on ebay. They were not listed correctly so I thought I was getting a pretty good deal up front. I know they arent super rare but they are somewhat hard to come by. They were listed as New w/o tags, and in the description was the following "These are barely used sunglasses a buddy gave to me a long time ago. I never wore them and they just sat in my collection, but have some small scratches on the frame but none on the lenses."

So I think you all know where I am going with this. . .

The frames arrive and wow... lenses are scratched up, chew marks on both earstems, multiple scratches all over, one arm has been over extended to the point the little nubs pushed the orbital out where they attach. SO needless to say they are rough. But they are stretchlines... I hate asking these questions but Ive got $50 in them and currently plan on returning them. Is there any reason I should keep them?

There are only two reasons why you should keep them. New lenses are cheap on oakleyvault.com and the frame could be cerakoted. But $50, no way. What about a partial refund?

Last edited by a moderator:
i say get them cerakoted if they are not real bad you could have a real nice pair especially now that the ice lenses just went on to the vault

Ive got quite a few of the lenses packed back, originally thought I was going to cut them down but come to find out they are a shield lens so..... have to put them in an EP

Disregard my ignorance here but for my knowledge what will Cerakote do to the frame to fix any issues? Someone fill me in a bit.

well if the process is done correctly it can cover some scratches, not all. not gouges or very deep scratches, i have had some pairs done that are pretty scratched. but the blasting process helps alot with that, i have seen some jobs that have been sanded, when they have gouges but they do sometimes not come out completely.

Back