• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Scratched And Trashed XX Metal Lenses For My Optician

Miami Bad Boy BOSS

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys!

I use my XX Metals for my daily corrective eyeglasses and the time has come to where I need to get a new script for the lenses. The problem is, my Optician needs a set of lenses to use as a template so he can cut the new set. I can not use the lenses that are in my frames now because they were never cut right.

I was wondering if anyone had a trashed set of XX Metal lenses laying around. I was going to buy a new set of lenses, but the Optician said they would more than likely get scratched in the process... so I'm not too keen on throwing away money.

Please let me know if you can help out, thanks!

I picked up a few sets of scratched lenses off Ebay a few weeks ago. Running some experiments to see what king of solvents could clear off the iridium top coat without melting the lens. If the XX set survives, I might be able to help you out.

Huh... I've been looking on ebay for scratched lenses and have never seen any on there, now I know where they all go, lol...

Yeah Bro, that would be great, let me know ;)

Thanks!!!

Just got the one lot to fiddle with. If any of the stuff works to clean em up, I may aim to buy more. Just got the package today, and the penny lenses were in usable shape (so it kind of paid all of them).

Just got the one lot to fiddle with. If any of the stuff works to clean em up, I may aim to buy more. Just got the package today, and the penny lenses were in usable shape (so it kind of paid all of them).

Yeah, those XX Metals would be great! I can even send them back after I'm done with them ;)