1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. WileCoyote

WileCoyote Oakley Beginner

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum and was looking around trying to get some warranty information about a pair of sunglasses that I purchased in May. I happened to come across some people talking about cutting OEM lens to fit older model glasses that have been discontinued. I have probably 10-15 pairs of older sunglasses that I stopped wearing because the lenses were beat, but just couldn't toss them out. I did contact Oakley about 2 of the pairs, to see if I could purchase new lenses but they were discontinued. It would be awesome to be able to get some of my older ones re-lensed if it is possible. I have a pair of C-Wires and a pair of older Special Edition Juliet's that I would really like to get done, as they have been two of my favorite pairs over the last 20+ years.

Please tell me who can cut new lenses!!! I am assuming there are a few people doing it, who's the best? I need to get this done.

Thanks

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Welcome, the forum has a lot of talented cutters, your in the right place.

YakuzaFloralGangsta likes this.
  3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I have had Juliet lenses cut by @InfiniteHero and @salj838, all have been good. I have some on the way from @Chris A Hardaway so I'll be able to check those out too. @xmetalmaniac is also a lens cutter here. All of them can do a job for you, on the Juliets at least.

4. WileCoyote

I would really like to get the C-Wires done first, just to see how it works out. Anyone know who could cut those?

5. KG22

KG22 Oakley Beginner

6. Chris A Hardaway

Chris A Hardaway The Man Loves to Chop 'Em. Premium Member

I would definitely be interested in helping. My only thing is I need to know what color you'd like, and I'd need the frame to get you proper fit. Can you post a picture of the frame so I can see which generation C-Wire? The older gens were smaller and much easier to find donor lenses for.

7. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Got some from Chris too..;) Most recent .but have had ones by all listed above too

8. WileCoyote

Chris messaged me and I just sent him pics of the glasses. Thanks for the help and advice guys, much appreciated.

9. MKO2012

MKO2012 Oakley Beginner

10. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member