• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Splice Knowledge

Rippen

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Splice with the FMJ frames and Blue lens and they have been a great pair for many years for me. I wear them regularly in the "rotation". I was looking at buying another pair, but since they are discontinued, they are harder to come by.
I did find a pair in a color I have never seen before, it looks like a burnt orange metallic frame, with an orange iridium lens. Are these rare, or just fake? I don’t see anything on the Oakley website (Google searches still return you to pages of old styles that you normally don’t see) that would suggest that these were a normal production color, or could they be a special edition that is long gone?
Any information you have would be helpful.

Depends on where you saw them (private seller?) and the picture quality. I have taken MANY pictures of my Oakleys (including Splice) over they years and with crappy lighting or a flash over exposure the colors can be deceiving in many cases. While I don't recall any even remotely similar to your description, they could be Platinum with Rootbeer and Gold Iridium lenses (SKU # 03-722) that have been poorly photographed... Best way to find out is to ask the seller what the SKU # is and look it up.

Below is an example (mine) of poor lighting of a Splice FMJ Crystal Blue with Ice Iridium... Do you see crystal blue? I dont...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A good site i use to reference discontinued Oakley's is O-Review

While they're not 100% accurate all the time, they're pretty darn close and strive to have the most accurate information.

Does any of those models look/sound like the one you're trying to pick up?

Could it be the Rootbeer ones?

While i did choose my forum name to be "SpliceD", i don't consider myself an expert... but i do love the Splice and i currently own 3 pairs. So i guess i know a thing or two :)

How do I upload or post a pic that is currently on my computer? My message board skills need some updating.

Turns out they were fakes. A poor copy of the Splice, as I suspected. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Rippen said:
How do I upload or post a pic that is currently on my computer? My message board skills need some updating.

The picture needs to be uploaded to a site that hosts the pictures. A lot of people use photobucket.

Once you upload, take the address of the picture and enclose it like this:

Hey guys need your help on this one. a friend of mine gave these Mint Condition Oakley Splice as a gift recently during the holiday season. As i for myself mostly i do only collect X-Metals (Oakley Juliet's to be exact) & not keen too much w/ O-Matters. BTW here's the photo of the Oakley Splice she gave me. the lens are kinda blusih/grey tint i guess.
5417061105_014ec96760.jpg

5417671404_d220bba1a8.jpg

My other friend who's also an oakley collector here informed that this a Back Country Store Exclusive. (whatever store that is).Besides i only own 2 oakley splice's the photo above & the regular FMJ/Blue version. For Oakley Splice collector's/connoisseur maybe you could I.D. it for me. TIA!

throwbackchampion

Looks like a standard Crystal Black/FMJ+/Ice Iridium Splice with the FMJ+ orbitals removed and replaced with the Black Chrome ones from the Polished Black pair. Quite simple to do too.

Latest Posts

Back