• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking Forward To The Weekend.....

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
My wife is going to be out of town (girls weekend somewhere). This will allow me to do a few things:

1 - Drive to my closest Vault (2 hours away) on Saturday.
2 - Work on the lighting for my Display Case.
3- Consume my favorite adult beverage all weekend long, which is Ketel One and Ginger Ale

I am sure she will leave me a "honey-do" list which I plan on knocking out tomorrow night.

My biggest dilema right now is which vehicle to take to the Vault. Should I take the Harley (which means I have to carry a back pack) or the Mustang? Either way I can't go wrong, cuz it is suppose to be beautiful this weekend.

I just hope I have as good of luck as most of you have had at the Vaults recently. I will post my purchases (if any) in this thread. Wish me luck!

Haha!! I should have started a poll.

This?
DSC02954.jpg

OR
This?
2011-07-09161205.jpg

My wife is going to be out of town (girls weekend somewhere). This will allow me to do a few things:

1 - Drive to my closest Vault (2 hours away) on Saturday.
2 - Work on the lighting for my Display Case.
3- Consume my favorite adult beverage all weekend long, which is Ketel One and Ginger Ale

I am sure she will leave me a "honey-do" list which I plan on knocking out tomorrow night.

My biggest dilema right now is which vehicle to take to the Vault. Should I take the Harley (which means I have to carry a back pack) or the Mustang? Either way I can't go wrong, cuz it is suppose to be beautiful this weekend.

I just hope I have as good of luck as most of you have had at the Vaults recently. I will post my purchases (if any) in this thread. Wish me luck!

I guess it's really up to what you feel like sacrificing and so on, Harley's or bikes make awesome road trips, BUT, sucks in crappy weather but sounds like it should be nice. Hey if you have one, you can take a Oakley backpack with you haha! or buy one while your at the vault if they have any. ^^

What was the deal with those Harley's you have? didn't they have some sort of new engine. (i know nothign about harley's or bikes in general)
Harley would also take a lot less fuel.

Anything in particular your hoping to buy at the vault?

My Harley is a 2008 V-ROD. It is the only liquid cooled motor in the Harley line up and it was designed in conjunction with Porsche. The bike is slightly moded (mainly gearing) aside from some aesthesics and puts out 111hp with no engine mods. It is a great bike, a blast to ride and always draws attention when I have it parked somewhere.

The Mustang is a 2011 GT Convertible. It is a little over 400hp with no engine mods. It is also great to drive.

I am not looking for anything particular at the Vault.....just like getting a good deal.

Two hour drive to the Vault? At least it sounds like you like to drive. I wouldn't do it for fear of the cost of gas >< I guess the chopper is the more affordable method.

There's a guy about an hour away from me selling a ducati fuel cell that I want, I can't bring myself to make the trip though. It's completely away from civilization, I only head up there to drive to San Diego.

Luckily my nearest vault is only an hour away! I never have to worry about choosing, hmm...v4 cobalt or AWD Range Rover....?
definitely a no brainer! lol... I used to have a 750 Gsxr, but got rid of it after a couple of friends had accidents...
surely i would of been next.Anywho! Hopefully you find something to make the drive worth it!

Back