1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Oakley Beginner

I'm looking to do a custom here is my question...are the Oakley "Pitch" frames the same as the
    Radar XL's besides the different size nose piece? I have an extra Radar XL frame in polished black...I found a decent deal on a "Radar Pitch carbon fiber" frame. If I could swap the nose piece from my black Radar XL
    frame to put on the Pitch carbon fiber frame I should have a pretty sweet looking pair of Radar XL
    carbon fiber...minus the polished black nose piece.

Mainly asking if the Radar XL lens would fit the Radar Pitch frame once the nosepiece on the Pitch is swapped with ones from my XL's. Correct me if I am wrong but the word "pitch" is referring to the lenses correct? The frame is the same
    except for the nose bridge which I hope is not a problem to swap.
    Thanks in advance.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

"Pitch" refers to the lense shape - Oakley Radar Pitch Accessory Lenses available at the online Oakley store - the Radar's top part of the frame are standard, so you're good to go!

3. Darkmatter

Awesome sounds great. Carbon Fiber Radar XL's with Fire Iridium Lenses...awesome. I may change the color of the lenses but for now being that I have an extra set of Fire Lens...that should hold me over. :)

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I thought the frame was different for the XL to standard lenses as the XL lens was deeper at the bridge part. I would look into it more before jumping in & buying a lens to find out it doesn't fit. There are plenty of guys on here with collections of Radars that will be able to tell you.

5. Darkmatter

Thanks I appreciate the concern but I just talked with a friend of mine who works at an Oakley store and he confirmed that the frame is indeed identical...only I will have to change the nosepiece out to the longer one. I have an extra nosepiece for this reason. Gotta love the amount of cutomizing options the Radars offer. :)

I'll post a pic of the Oakley's once I have converted them. They should look beautiful.

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

take a short look. . .
    Looking To Do My Own Custom Radar XL - xlradar.jpg

Looking To Do My Own Custom Radar XL - oakleyradar.jpg

the frame is different at the nose bridge!

7. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

So does this mean you cannot swap lenses from standard Radars & XL Radars?

8. Oakleynerd

i would say no!
    but if you take a look at the dimensions of the nose bridge, you can see, that the XL have more space . . .

let me check it tonight - i have a view pairs at home.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ive seen a youtube on this.. that part of the frame at the nosebridge is detachable, so you CAN indeed change a Radar XL to a regular radar and vice versa..

10. Oakleynerd