• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking To Do My Own Custom Radar XL

the bottom part to hold the lens is the Jaw. . .
and you can get jaws and thru bolts for 10 bucks from the custom service!!

@Pezza21
nice pair! right now i´m waiting for my frame . . . should come next week :cool:
you have to get the new iPhone 4s with the "new" camera.
to bad, that Steve is dead )o;

Only problem with Oakley's custom service is that they do not offer the "AtomicOrange" only the team orange which is duller and I don't like. Looks like I will have to find some Polished black "Jaws" elsewhere. As of now I may just purchase the Atomic Orange/Fire Iridium Jawbones as is and just replace the ear socks and rubber nosepiece(which Oakley obviously sells seperately for only $10). Just finding those jaws will be difficult.

just buy a regular atomic orange with the white jaw and rubbers, and than order a black (polished or matte) jaw and black rubbers from the custom service?!?!
than you are set! :eek:))

just buy a regular atomic orange with the white jaw and rubbers, and than order a black (polished or matte) jaw and black rubbers from the custom service?!?!
than you are set! :eek:))

Call me crazy but I cannot find the Jawbone "Jaws" anywhere on Oakley's website. I am using the www.oakley.com website. I would like the bottom Jaws in Polished Black but cannot find them. Any recommendations as to where to find them? Thanks in advance...I will continue to search. As of now I am getting ready to order the Atomic Orange Jawbones as is along with the nosepiece/rubber socks black color kit.

you will not found them!
you have to call or send a mail to - customercare@oakley.com

Cool...just have to wait about 30 minutes for them to open...I am 2 hours ahead of them. I'll just order them the way I want them on the phone...or it may be cheaper ordering everything separately if it is possible.
Awesome...so in just 2 weeks I will have 3 new Oakley's: Radar XL Antifreeze/Jade Iridium, Custom Radar XL Carbon Fiber Stamp/Fire Iridium, and now Custom Jawbone Atomic Orange/Polished Black Jaws,Ear Socks,Nosepiece/Fire Iridium.

I am too spoiled. :) I deserve it. Ever since I broke up with my money sucking ex girlfriend I notice I have so much more money for myself...being single is a lovely thing. :)

Well, I am out of luck. I talked to Oakley's customer service with 2 other people for about 30 minutes and it was like talking to a brick wall. They will not sell me the separate "jaws" nor will they have them swapped on the atomic orange. The answer I kept getting was absolutely not. My only option was to buy 2 pairs of Oakley Jawbones with one having polished black jaws on them and then doing the swap myself. What a load of crap.

Oh well I am really happy with my Radar XL's guess I'll stick with those. I am really picky about the colors I want so the only way I will buy the Jawbones in Atomic Orange is if I can find someone who has the polished black "Jaws" for sale...anyone?

@Peeza21
ebay is to expensive!!

@Darkmatter
good that you are free again :cool:
that's weird, that the custom service will not sell them to you.
i ordered maybe 1 1/2 week ago from the european custom service jaws and bolts!!

eBay has jaws!!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Jawbones in Atomic Orange just the way they come as well as with a black ear sock/nosepiece kit.

I looked on EBay and cannot find any in black matte or polished black. I'll find them eventually. I did however find a pair of Retina Burns with the color I want cheap that I could swap "Jaws" with and have 2 pairs of Jawbones. :) Only need one pair but heck why not.

Edit: Nevermind...found an EBay seller who sells pretty much every color set of "Jaws" available. Has excexcellent feedback and yes they are a bit pricey at $30 a pair but much cheaper than Oakley's customer service advice to recommend that I actually buy 2 completely different pairs of Jawbones then swap...ridiculous I love Oakley for their glasses but their company and especially customer service can kiss my ya know what.

Latest Posts

Back