1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. will brown

will brown Oakley Beginner

Hey All, thanks again for the great site......
    Quick question from the experts here.I am looking at buying my first pair of metals. I have visited the three stores and vault we have in our area with no luck. I dont plan any trips in the near future so i wanted to ask opinion. I have several pair of Hijinx, Monster Dogs and Fuel Cells,so If i am reading correctly,these are larger framed and I have a larger head....What do you feel would be the best place to start as far as appropriate sized metals?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. erap

erap Oakley Collector

Not an expert but would recommend r1, XS,XX

3. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

For a larger head, I would look into trying a Romeo or a XX, unfortunately you will have to get them off eBay, Craigslist, here if someone's selling, Since they don't make them any more.

4. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Buy em here......only place I trust

5. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Romeo 1 or XX are your best bet; the XS has a somewhat large lens but fits narrow heads.

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

If you fit comfortably in a Fuel Cell, then fit wise i would say XS. From a collector's standpoint, R1 or XX.

7. will brown

will brown Oakley Beginner

As far as comfort goes, Hijinx are my absolute favorite. I tolerate (maybe too harsh of a term) my monster dogs and fuel cells.

8. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

+1 for X Metal XX, R1 or Juliet. Sometimes I find a Hammerstem Juliet (bent arm on polished varieties, as on the XX) can give a little more clearance. I have a largish head and wear a Juliet no problem. Good luck!

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

if you have a high nosebridge, the Romeo2 is a fantastic fit. youll probably find the XX will overall fit best, the romeo a close second, but tends to win due to its "cult classic" status. XSquareds do fit tighter than it looks, but you can get thinner t-shocks to compensate for that (either custom or cut a juliet one thin). I do like the Xsquareds more and more- was truly a worthy last hoorah of the xmetal line.

youll also be surprised by how accomodating a halfX is, and theyre a cheap place to start (although having no flex couplers, are the "runt" of the xmetal line.) Forget about he penny lol. and the juliet is just a slightly smaller version of the XX (fit around the head is the same, its just how big/tall the lenses are)

AngelAir and will brown like this.
  10. Bavs

Bavs Oakley Beginner

XX all the way.
    best pair of Oakley's I've ever owned.
    perfect if you have a "high bridge".