• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose/Floppy Oil Rig Hinges

Pretty much comes down to A. Are they wearable, and if so, does it seem like they will stay that way after repeated use, and B. How much does it bother you?
True. I think I'm going to hold on to them, especially since others say they have run into this before. They're usually on my head anyway, I don't fold them much.

My oil rig (1st gen) stem had a bit of a play, bought brand new on a local distributor here. The play eventually "worsen" after 5 years regardless how well it was taken care of, but it is not much really, very tolerable.
I'm going to go to sunglasses hut Wednesday and check out a pair there and compare it to the ones I got.

Okay, update. My buddy just got some Big Tacos 2 days ago, and they have about the same amount of wiggle both open and shut. I wonder if quality control has gone downhill since the made in USA glasses?

Okay, update. My buddy just got some Big Tacos 2 days ago, and they have about the same amount of wiggle both open and shut. I wonder if quality control has gone downhill since the made in USA glasses?
My Oil Rig 1st gen is made in usa, like i said it has play. I owned 2 other plastic oakleys boughtbbrand new, holbrook and fuel cell, but unfortunately i only had them for a while and use them once or twice, so i can't remember how the stem play is.

OK, thats what I thought, because both earpieces are equally loose. If any other Rig owners want to chime in that would be great. The earpieces aren't that loose when open, but when they are closed they have a good half inch of play in them.
I have 7 pairs of Oil Rigs, the older they are the looser they can be, the new ones dont have that much play in them though

Latest Posts

Back