• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose Juliet bridge after 2 days

My Top 10 reasons not to send anything back to Oakley [other than a return]:

1. Oakley does not care about your glasses.
2. Oakley performs limited tuneups with inconsistent results (YMMV).
3. Oakley has been known to scratch lenses and frames. I have personally received both scratched lenses and frames - even large nicks in the frame that could only have been caused by gross mishandling.
4. The level of care given by the individual servicing your glasses at Oakley may not be inline with most Customer expectations for 'quality'. This point reinforces the previous two, but on an individual level. This lack of care and attention to detail may also include suboptimal communication about issues resulting in finger pointing, he'said-she'said, and contributing to a poor overall Customer experience.
5. The department that performs the actual tuneup service is almost an hour away from HQ at the time of this post, significantly longer in traffic, with far less oversight [read: Security], which can contribute to other complications [that I have experienced first hand]. Oakley HQ has very little control - or care? about at least some of what goes on there.
6. If you have a problem with the service provided by Oakley - Oakley will not care. In your case it will be your fault that you ever had to tune the Juliets up in the first place. Shame on you for messing them up.
7. Oakley has 'lost' pairs in their possession before. It has happened to me personally with 2 pairs. If your glasses are lost or stolen on the way to or being returned from Oakley you'd be lucky to get a fraction of the value of your Juliets back.
8. Oakley has randomly substituted warranty pairs for arguably more valuable pairs - like sending back 'W' warranty or blank/OCP pairs in their place with no explanation. This has not happended to me, but has been shared by many others so it deserves mention in my top 10.
9. If something is lost or stolen while in Oakley's possession you have no recourse.
10. There are people who do it better for less.

I'll stop there. <sigh>
Amen

hey Joe,
I've found on my personal Ti02 pair that I tuned 3 years ago that once you get that fit to your head these tune-ups don't move anymore in time. If they seem tight at first grab each arm ...pull em apart just a tad and they will stay there forever. These have been in freshwater, saltwater and chlorinated pools for 3 years and still no breakdown in my material. And thanks for the kind words...looks like youll be getting an X-MAN tee shirt

hey Joe,
I've found on my personal Ti02 pair that I tuned 3 years ago that once you get that fit to your head these tune-ups don't move anymore in time. If they seem tight at first grab each arm ...pull em apart just a tad and they will stay there forever. These have been in freshwater, saltwater and chlorinated pools for 3 years and still no breakdown in my material. And thanks for the kind words...looks like youll be getting an X-MAN tee shirt
There are t-shirts too?!? This guy never ceases to amaze!!!

hey Joe,
Thanks Mark! I'm an XL, lol. Your tune ups fit me perfectly after a few days or wear (like the glasses were made for my head)! Can't wait to get those Mars back you just tightened up for me!

Back