• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose lens

Use electrical tape cut into thin strips,use a toothpic to push it into the groove.install the lenses onto the taped part first so it doesnt push away.and thats it......

Can that be corrected? Or is that something that is there for eternity?
I think you'll have it for the long haul. It would have to be re-drilled and tapped with a larger screw from what I understand. I have a Juliet that is similar where the orbital on the left clearly doesn't line up 100% at the gasket. Doesn't affect the peeformence of the glasses. The lens doesn't rattle that much, and the paper shim I have in there helps a ton.

I think you'll have it for the long haul. It would have to be re-drilled and tapped with a larger screw from what I understand. I have a Juliet that is similar where the orbital on the left clearly doesn't line up 100% at the gasket. Doesn't affect the peeformence of the glasses. The lens doesn't rattle that much, and the paper shim I have in there helps a ton.
Thanks for the words of wisdom. It is a little annoying, but to be honest I find these a little small for my liking. It forms part of my collection.

When I got them it was obvious there was an issue there, but I got them for a reasonable price so didn't complain.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. It is a little annoying, but to be honest I find these a little small for my liking. It forms part of my collection.

When I got them it was obvious there was an issue there, but I got them for a reasonable price so didn't complain.
That is the reason I haven't picked up a pair of Pennys yet. They are a bit too small for my face. I will get one to add to the case eventually. There is nothing wrong with your glasses, it is what I both love and hate about xmetals. Each is just a little different and I have yet to see two that were exactly alike in every single way. It gets annoying when you have to have an OEM lens trimmed down to fit the orbital, I'd much rather have to add a shim than trim a lens. But all that is the price you pay for wearing a tiny metal sculpture on your face, lol

That is the reason I haven't picked up a pair of Pennys yet. They are a bit too small for my face. I will get one to add to the case eventually. There is nothing wrong with your glasses, it is what I both love and hate about xmetals. Each is just a little different and I have yet to see two that were exactly alike in every single way. It gets annoying when you have to have an OEM lens trimmed down to fit the orbital, I'd much rather have to add a shim than trim a lens. But all that is the price you pay for wearing a tiny metal sculpture on your face, lol
Yep, when you consider how they were made they were/are very special and each is like one of a kind!

I wonder if this slight anomaly is an indication of how difficult this material was to work with?

If the pennys didn't have that damned spring,they could be made tighter.but when i rebuild them i can have the bridge rock solid and the spring system will keep that bridge tight forever because your not twisting that bridge to put them on.

Back