1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. locknload

locknload Oakley Beginner

Hey all, I recently bought a pair of Straight Jackets in excellent shape but the first thing I noticed was the arks are loose. Not from the black piece that hinges to the frames but from the ear piece to the black hinge piece. It looks like the ear piece snaps into the black hinge piece, is there any way to tighten this up? Thanks.

Loose Straight Jacket arms - 20160525_200004.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BlackClu

BlackClu Oakley Beginner

Unfortunately there really isnt anything you can do. Were they new from a shop? Or used? If they have been disassembled and not put together right, that could cause it.

3. locknload

locknload Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I bought them used. Owner said he only wore them a few times then switched to his other pair, I tend to believe him because they're immaculate. Do the arms disconnect from the hinge piece by pushing the tab looking thingy in? They're tight when I'm wearing them, just my OCD kicking in. Thanks again.

4. Hitech Vojtech

Hitech Vojtech Oakley Enthusiast

I have same problem with my straight jackets too and I bought them BNIB!I also got BNIB Racing jackets with slightly loose arms...
    is it difficult to disassemble?
    thanks for any tips!