• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopsided?

psychephylax

Oakley Expert
Smithtown, NY
So I have a pair of Juliet frames that sits lopsided on my head. It feels like the right side sticks out further from the eye and the left eye lashes touch the inside of the left lens. I don't have this problem with X-Squared and the Juliets I tried at the store. They're very tight (No play in the nosebridge at all) so I'm not sure if this is because they are so tight and haven't broken in yet or it's something else.

I'm using Size 15 temple shocks and small nosebombs.

As a side note, I have one other pair of sunglasses (not Oakley) that I have a similar issue with.

If they sit level on a table then it's your face geometry. I know that My eye lashes touch the inside of the lenses on my juliets occasionally as well. If you feel that they are off balance though, switching out one side of the nose pieces to the larger set may help them to sit better on your face. Experiment with the Temple shocks and nose bomb sizes. You may get a better fit with some tweaking.

WHERE DID YOU GET THESE JULIETS??? HAVE YOU HAD EM FOR AWHILE.IF THEY ARE THAT TIGHT SOMEBODY MAY HAVE REWORKED THEM .

possible I suppose. they came from eBay and I think they are 3rd? generation...whatever is before the latest because it has the new coin style, no serial number but the old style foam insert and no x-vault. They are also in pristine condition with one minor rub mark on one of the ice lenses. I doubt they had much face time at all.

I will take some photos when I get home

You also have to remember that no two juliets, or any x metals, are the same, because they are practically hand built!

Take a photo farther zoomed out... We need to see them sitting on a table and preferably of both arms. From what you've posted though that looks fine to me. There are some photos others have posted on the board of truly crooked arms, and in their examples one whole side wouldn't touch.

Ahhh I just put it in the safe. I saw some photos where the arm is at least half an inch off the table, mine are not like that. One of the arms might be a millimeter off the table but good otherwise. Everything looks tip top shape unlike the other pair of Juliets I just received. Talk about an inaccurate auction description.

You also have to remember that no two juliets, or any x metals, are the same, because they are practically hand built!

While logically correct, tolerances on these glasses are within .002", so they are only unique under examination of a CMM machine with capabilities as low as .0002".

In other words, this guy's got a asymmetrical head.

Back