• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lost my 11 Year old X-metal. Need another pair help

I am saying be careful just Because a seller had sold on eBay before or here means it automatically good.
Agreed, just to clarify and expand further, I never use eBay feedback alone. I usually ask multiple questions, look at the presentation of the auction, and try to profile the seller. I've walked away from over 90% of the eBay auctions I've been interested in because I didn't feel confident enough the deal would have a favorable outcome (for me). Sometimes it was a monetary decision, but often it was confidence in the seller.

I probably missed out on some good deals, but I'll live happy on the deals I've made so far. 4 - perfect......... 2 - slight issues but came to a mutually agreed upon solution......... 1 - I'll know this weekend.

Some of my deals I have already built in a factor to account for "not quite as advertised". Then again, I've never looked, seriously at eBay for any X metals to purchase, only to see what they sell for. If I did, I would probably have to come up with a higher more stringent standard of inquiry to make me even consider an X metal transaction on eBay

Here is an example. This can't be possible: OAKLEY X-METAL JULIET silver lustre SUNGLASSES -ICE purple POLARIZED LENSES 05ZD

what I am looking at now is this: OAKLEY X-Metal Juliet Plasma Rare serialized #

or offer this person slightly less like $325 because of the scratch: OAKLEY X-Metal Juliet Plasma Fire

I have to buy it today or tomorrow because I get 10% back when I buy. Both these look like the exact ones I lost. The only thing wrong with the ones I had was the nose bridge was really loose.

I have an Iris that stays wide open after an accident. On bright sun days, I have to wear Cebe Walter Ceccinal Glacier glasses with the leather side blinders. They are the darkest Polarized lenses You will find, often seen on Everest, where You can go snow blind in minutes. I love Oakleys, but I haven't found an Oakley lense dark enough to block out blinding sun with an eye that hangs wide open every second.
The Cebe 4000 Lenses are mineral crystal, and are very dark. You can find used ones on eBay. I wouldn't buy a pair that goes for under $200 because they are probably all scratched up.
Remember-Cebe 4000 Lenses and Walter Cecchinal model. They come in several lense shapes, from round to wider thanXX. You will love them every time there is blinding sun. These are exactly like minehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CEBE-4000-CECCHINEL-SUNGLASSES-MOUNTAINEERING-GLACIER-CLIMBING-TV6-8787-/401153645326?hash=item5d669edb0e:g:GNIAAOSw2GlXKlNI

Here is an example. This can't be possible: OAKLEY X-METAL JULIET silver lustre SUNGLASSES -ICE purple POLARIZED LENSES 05ZD

what I am looking at now is this: OAKLEY X-Metal Juliet Plasma Rare serialized #

or offer this person slightly less like $325 because of the scratch: OAKLEY X-Metal Juliet Plasma Fire

I have to buy it today or tomorrow because I get 10% back when I buy. Both these look like the exact ones I lost. The only thing wrong with the ones I had was the nose bridge was really loose.

The first link, those are fakes.

The 2nd link, look at the 2nd pic, there's a scratch on the wearer's right lens right in the line of sight. (those are legit 2nd gen BTW)

The 3rd link, legit 3rd gen.

Average price for those (the real ones, at least), is in the $250 - $275 range in the forum exchange.

I have an Iris that stays wide open after an accident. On bright sun days, I have to wear Cebe Walter Ceccinal Glacier glasses with the leather side blinders. They are the darkest Polarized lenses You will find, often seen on Everest, where You can go snow blind in minutes. I love Oakleys, but I haven't found an Oakley lense dark enough to block out blinding sun with an eye that hangs wide open every second.
The Cebe 4000 Lenses are mineral crystal, and are very dark. You can find used ones on eBay. I wouldn't buy a pair that goes for under $200 because they are probably all scratched up.
Remember-Cebe 4000 Lenses and Walter Cecchinal model. They come in several lense shapes, from round to wider thanXX. You will love them every time there is blinding sun.

Cebe 4000 Lenses are category 4 lenses, meaning they have 8% or less light transmission. That is considered unsafe for driving, in some countries it's illegal to do so.

The darkest of the Oakley lenses are 9%, which is the darkest you can get and still be category 3.

Which Oakley lenses are the darkest? I'm looking at PRIZM Deep Water for my Flak Jacket XLJ's. Are they pretty dark, or are there some darker?
As far as legal to drive, with my Iris wide open, and including the 30 % of my Iris that was removed, I'd be much more dangerous without them than I am with the Cebe 4000's. Great information. I had to discover the Cecchinals through trial and error. On overcast days I'm really enjoying my Frogskin Woograin PRIZM Dailys. They are a very mild lense, but perfect for me on days with less direct sunlight. I really enjoy looking at green trees and fields with the sight picture that they provide.
Would the Deep Water or Shallow Water PRIZM lenses be darker? And Thank You for the info my friend.

Back