• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lost my Plasma / Ice Juliets

Uxi

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Flush with cash after a deployment, I bought these Plasma / Ice Juliets in 2003 from Sunglasses Hut and was in love with them ever since. Had a couple near misses but was able to find them.

Now over 10 years later, they've been gone over a month now on an extremely busy day where I was at One Wilshire, then went to a customer location, then to the company Christmas party. Have been a pest with all three locations and noone claims to have found them. Fell in love all over again when I got a tune up for the first time last year.

Is the SN on the box anywhere? Anyone find any Plasma / Ice in the LA area? I am using my spare pair of Split jackets, which I prefer to hike and do outdoors stuff with (including some cheapo lenses to easily swap in and out if/when I should ever hit the beach after that unofrtunate incident that peeled and scratched up my prized polarized lenses) but just not satisfying me, so looks like I'm going to be searching used... but just not the same.

Keep an eye out you can find new ones for sale, Especially on here and ebay. Sorry for your loss! Juliet was my first love when they 1st came out, I saw them in a Oakley catalog and had to have a pair, now I own 12 Juliets and love them all!!

Thanks! Such a bonehead move. After a couple scares in the first year of ownership I made a pretty good system. Either they were over my eyes, they were on my head, or they went in the microbag in my pocket.

Keeping hope alive they'll still turn up but yeah finally beginning to fear it increasingly isn't likely.

Doesn't look like the SN is on the box though huh?

Doesn't look like the SN is on the box though huh?

If your Juliets were serialed (not all are), then there was a matching serial on the box. However, you bought yours from SGH, and they were infamous for grabbing a box at POS that, though with the correct description, had a serial mark for a different pair i.e. wasn't the matching box. Lots of unmatched sets out there because of that. So, if you have a serial on your box, there's no guarantee it matches the serial on your lost pair unless you had previously verified it as such.

Sorry for your loss, if its any consolation that pair is readily available should you choose to replace them.

If your Juliets were serialed (not all are), then there was a matching serial on the box. However, you bought yours from SGH, and they were infamous for grabbing a box at POS that, though with the correct description, had a serial mark for a different pair i.e. wasn't the matching box. Lots of unmatched sets out there because of that. So, if you have a serial on your box, there's no guarantee it matches the serial on your lost pair unless you had previously verified it as such.

Ah understood. They were serialized as I renember seeing it once to determine they were 2nd gen IIRC but unfortunately I never documented what was on the glasses themselves.

Sorry for your loss... I'd replace them! Not too hard to find one; in fact I think one or two may be listed in the exchange right now. Glad to hear they served you well. They are one heck of a fine pair of glasses (and pretty much the only ones I'll wear :) ).

This is a sad tale to be sure. I haven't ever lost a metal but I have sold some I regretted. A long time ago I had two Omatter frames stolen from my car. I looked everywhere (CL, pawn shops, ect) no luck. I wish you the best and hope your able to find another pair. It won't be the same but you can ever go wrong with metal :)

I feel your pain. I had the exact same pair. Plasma/ice/serialized. Got them in 03 and lost them in 08 after a ridiculously drunken night before my sister's wedding. That was the worst hangover ever, both metaphorically and physically. When I heard X-metals were discontinued I got on eBay and managed to pick up a couple pairs of plasma/fire for like 150 apiece, both in excellent shape. Tight frames just a few light lens scratches. No serial though. If you're interested I'll sell you one for $150. You can stick with fire or pick up some ice lenses.

Latest Posts

Back