• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loving My New Lingear Rubbers

kevin

Oakley Enthusiast
u4eraqer.jpg

Good to hear that they are reasonable quality. What do the have written on the Earsocks instead of 'Made in USA' and 'CE'?

The Linegear website is currently down for a holiday, so I cannot check.

Are the linegear rubbers the exact same shape as OEM? Particularly the ear socks, are they tapered like OEM or are they just round like some other replacement rubber?

Glad you're liking them. I've been happy, too, grip well when dry but still waiting to see how they grip when I get sweaty. Should be in the near future...

What do the have written on the Earsocks instead of 'Made in USA' and 'CE'?

No markings on any of the pieces. The T-shocks aren't even labeled, you have to put them next to each other to figure which are the 15s and which are the 25s, and the difference is very small...

Are the linegear rubbers the exact same shape as OEM?

Other than the lack of markings, here's the differences I've noticed:

- The orbital gaskets are the same silicone as the rest of the rubbers while OEM are more a hard plastic instead of unobtainium. This means you can overtighten and squish them down to nothing, you have to find the balance where they're tight enough to not come loose yet loose enough to have a visible thickness comparable to OEM.

- You might notice a little more flashing (the little edge lines you get on molded parts) on some pieces (compared to OEM), specifically the nose bombs. Not a big deal but a dirt collection point.

- The T-shocks seem shaped a little differently. Hard to describe exactly how but my pairs with LG T-shocks fit a little tighter than the ones with same size OEM.

Otherwise I have no reservations about recommending them, plan on getting some more in the future for some other pairs.