1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

My pair of Juliets that I've had since 2000 has a serial number in the 5k range. Is that considered low?

The reason I'm asking is that I've been thinking about selling this pair to get a pair of black carbon ones and trying to see how much I can get for them.

Thanks all.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

PM'd......

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

thats low-ish.. 4 digit is decently low, but probably npt enough to warrant any premiums unless the number was desireable to the buyer

4. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks Brip. I came across a polarized fire lens polished frame pair in the 7000 range that was advertised as "low serial". sold for $250. I'm wondering if thats because it's polarized or the low serial.

5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

It's because it was a polished frame. They command more money

6. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Usually anyways.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah probably a $20-30 premium on polished frames. But the "low serial" tactic is played by alot of sellers. To me, 3 digit is low. 4 digit.. Low-ish.... But nothing to get too excited over.

8. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

I hate to say this but I might have been better off not wondering how rare my polished frames are. I really hate to put them away as a collection piece instead of wearing them. However I just recently acquired a unserialed plasma/fire pair and I think the more recent runs have noticeable improvements. For one, changing the lenses on the modern pair is MUCH easier. Maybe it's a defect but on my older polished pair, the frame does not open very much after unscrewing the lens screw. I gave up changing the lenses in fear that I would damage the frame or lens. Also the plasma frame feels lighter. And third, I prefer the straight arm to the bent one.

9. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to decide whether to sell them, wear them or use them as a show piece.

10. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

there still considerable amount of polished frame in the mArket, they pop up most of the time, personally the hammerstem is the reason they are my liking as well...but as a showpiece i disagree unless they are rare ones