• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Low Serial Number? Polished Juliet

Kiwi

Oakley Expert
WA
My pair of Juliets that I've had since 2000 has a serial number in the 5k range. Is that considered low?

The reason I'm asking is that I've been thinking about selling this pair to get a pair of black carbon ones and trying to see how much I can get for them.

Thanks all.

Thanks Brip. I came across a polarized fire lens polished frame pair in the 7000 range that was advertised as "low serial". sold for $250. I'm wondering if thats because it's polarized or the low serial.

I hate to say this but I might have been better off not wondering how rare my polished frames are. I really hate to put them away as a collection piece instead of wearing them. However I just recently acquired a unserialed plasma/fire pair and I think the more recent runs have noticeable improvements. For one, changing the lenses on the modern pair is MUCH easier. Maybe it's a defect but on my older polished pair, the frame does not open very much after unscrewing the lens screw. I gave up changing the lenses in fear that I would damage the frame or lens. Also the plasma frame feels lighter. And third, I prefer the straight arm to the bent one.

Yeah probably a $20-30 premium on polished frames. But the "low serial" tactic is played by alot of sellers. To me, 3 digit is low. 4 digit.. Low-ish.... But nothing to get too excited over.

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to decide whether to sell them, wear them or use them as a show piece.

there still considerable amount of polished frame in the mArket, they pop up most of the time, personally the hammerstem is the reason they are my liking as well...but as a showpiece i disagree unless they are rare ones

Back