• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lowest Serial?

Romeo Van Frogskinstein said:
SpliceD..your x metal ruby juliet frame looks very odd to me with serial J***072, there should be no *'s, just numbers, eg J123456. the frame looks a little pale for x metal but that could be just the pic. also the 072 do look different to the numbering 'style' used on serials. i have a 'gut' feeling that frame is not a real one, but i am sorry to say that.

I thought the *** was odd too

SpliceD..your x metal ruby juliet frame looks very odd to me with serial J***072, there should be no *'s, just numbers, eg J123456. the frame looks a little pale for x metal but that could be just the pic. also the 072 do look different to the numbering 'style' used on serials. i have a 'gut' feeling that frame is not a real one, but i am sorry to say that.

No it is legitimate Oakley. The frame is VERY beat up and needs some TLC (aka steel wool). It could be the lighting too. If you look at the series of pics, they were all taken one after the other and you can see the lighting is all different. Stupid cell phone camera :mad:

I own 12 pairs of juliets and if these are fake, they're THE BEST fakes i've ever seen as they are spot on. I bought this pair along with two other Juliets from a guy via CL who used to work for Oakley a long time ago. He had a ton of other stuff to sell as well. For all i know, this pair could be a test pair. I also brought this same frame to Walk in Warranty and the rep confirmed it was real :smile:

OEM lenses fit in the orbitals perfectly (they came with Rx lenses -maybe that's why it has a weird serial? - and i replaced them with brand new OEM Ruby), all gaskets are present, stems are correct, T6 screws are all present and sunk in. There's nothing about the frame that would indicate they are fake.

No it is legitimate Oakley. The frame is VERY beat up and needs some TLC (aka steel wool). It could be the lighting too. If you look at the series of pics, they were all taken one after the other and you can see the lighting is all different. Stupid cell phone camera :mad:

I own 12 pairs of juliets and if these are fake, they're THE BEST fakes i've ever seen as they are spot on. I bought this pair along with two other Juliets from a guy via CL who used to work for Oakley a long time ago. He had a ton of other stuff to sell as well. For all i know, this pair could be a test pair. I also brought this same frame to Walk in Warranty and the rep confirmed it was real :smile:

OEM lenses fit in the orbitals perfectly (they came with Rx lenses -maybe that's why it has a weird serial? - and i replaced them with brand new OEM Ruby), all gaskets are present, stems are correct, T6 screws are all present and sunk in. There's nothing about the frame that would indicate they are fake.

nope these are not fake. some early serials were done like that.. aka initial runs.

DSC04755.jpg

Just picked these up last week. I'm just getting into the X Metal side of things so pretty happy with the serial.

Attachments

• DSC04755.jpg
    DSC04755.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 286

agree,,, :)

with regard to juliet serial J***072, my view is unchanged, also, having compared my own x metal ruby juliet closely, the stem join to orbital is different to your pair, so number aside, there is another difference that suggests even more strongly that your pair is 'not a normal one'.
with regard 'initial runs' - surely that would be early serial examples, eg J000001 etc, or first generation pairs, though id suggest the former more strongly, rather than x metals marked with a series of ***'s.

Again, agree to disagree. We all know Oakley never adhears to any specific number or naming convention and that they change their methods for no reason all the time. I can't tell you why the Juliets i have contain asterisks (*) instead of zeros, but i can assure you they're real. I've already mentioned i own 12 pairs of Juliets and each and every one of them are mirror images of each other. I can spot a fake Juliet pretty easily. To be honest i don't even know why i'm trying to prove myself to you. I already took this same pair to HQ and they confirmed authenticity. I didn't think to ask them about the asterisks though.

Just for Sh*ts and giggles, here's a couple comparison pics i took. You tell me which one is the fake?

6977598657_19e38e529d_b.jpg

6831471898_257af6c9f1_b.jpg

I also invite you to post pics of what yours look like and point out what your "stem join to orbital" looks like.

I can agree that my pair "is not a normal one", but i do know that it is not a fake. So if you want to make the argument that i don't have a low serial from a normal production run, that's fine. I don't really care. But to say it's a fake is a different matter.

Attachments

• 6977598657_19e38e529d_b.jpg
    6977598657_19e38e529d_b.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 279
  • 6831471898_257af6c9f1_b.jpg
    6831471898_257af6c9f1_b.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 276
Back